COD: Ghosts of The Past

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
COD: Ghosts of The Past

Dare you defy the military might of Paraguay?

Read Full Article

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Awesome. Glad to know the memory of this little nation's sabre-rattling is still capable of putting the willies up the former colonies.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
You will feel the true power of passive-aggressive sarcasm!

...Unless you ask us to leave politely. Then we have no choice but to return to the UK, and drink tea and eat scones.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
In 2015, America faces its greatest threat... Itself.
The elite "Silent Squadron" is sent back in time to stop Alexander Hamilton from destroying the Constitutional Convention. They are deep behind enemy lines, and the only way out is to win.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Mcoffey said:
It's only a matter of time before CoD does do time travel, so desperate for an enemy that still somehow makes America look like both the underdog and morally in the right. Because it's been pretty ridiculous for a while now.
Well... BO1 Zombies had time travel. But the main-game? Didn't have any PROPER one yet (you could use the 2025-guns in 1980s mission in BO2 after you finished them and the 1980s guns at any time in 2025. But that doesn't really count, does it?)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
We will not stop until you pay us back for all that quality tea you threw carelessly away.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
CoD - Redcoats.
Tax season's a *****.

CoD - Tea Party.
Death...and two sugars.

CoD - Top Hat Edition.
Hail to the Queen.

Yeah I would play the shit out of that.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Blunderboy said:
CoD - Redcoats.
Tax season's a *****.

CoD - Tea Party.
Death...and two sugars.

CoD - Top Hat Edition.
Hail to the Queen.

Yeah I would play the shit out of that.
CoD - A Game of Moans.

Heh, I admit, has nothing to do with Britts. But from monarchy my mind just kind of wandered.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Where's the joke? I'm looking, but I can't find it. I can't find any witty joke or punchline.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Blue Hero said:
Where's the joke? I'm looking, but I can't find it. I can't find any witty joke or punchline.
It's playing on the trend over the last few COD games for the scenarios to get increasingly unlikely: from a civil war in the Middle East and Russia, to Russia actually invading the mainland U.S, and then to South American countries invading the mainland U.S. The joke is that the comic is taking the ridiculousness even further, by making the next game scenario an attack by the 18th century British.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
JoJo said:
Blue Hero said:
It's playing on the trend over the last few COD games for the scenarios to get increasingly unlikely: from a civil war in the Middle East and Russia, to Russia actually invading the mainland U.S, and then to South American countries invading the mainland U.S. The joke is that the comic is taking the ridiculousness even further, by making the next game scenario an attack by the 18th century British.
But like, where's the actual joke? Where's the funny? I can't find it.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
TheSYLOH said:
I'll admit.
I'd pay good money for that game.
Beat me to it! Honestly at this point the games have so much escapism that this would sell in droves. Plus America could try and piss off another country that doesn't already have military assets pointed at us.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
TheSYLOH said:
I'll admit.
I'd pay good money for that game.
You'd be disappointed - I guarantee that COD devs would still be straight-faced about it and try to pass it off as a serious story.