Doctor Who Free-to-Play Game Vworps to iOS/Android Soon

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Doctor Who Free-to-Play Game Vworps to iOS/Android Soon

Doctor Who: Legacy will be traveling to your phone just in time for the series' 50th anniversary.

The Doctor hasn't fared terribly well in the realm of video games, but you can't keep a good Time Lord down. A new Doctor Who game is headed to mobile devices in the near future, titled Doctor Who: Legacy. If the name didn't tip you off, the timing of the announcement should: if the game arrives in the next few weeks, it'll line up perfectly with the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode on November 23. The episode will star current Doctor Matt Smith, previous Doctor David Tennant, and enigmatic mystery bonus Doctor John Hurt, but there's no word on how closely (if at all) the game will tie in with the episode itself.

Doctor Who: Legacy is being developed by Tiny Rebel Games and Seed Studios. Note that these are not the same people who made the poorly-received Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock last year. While The Eternity Clock was planned as the first of a trilogy of adventure games for PC, PS3, and PS Vita, it isn't meant to be; BBC confirmed that the remaining games in that trilogy have been cancelled, and developer Supermassive Games is moving on to other projects.

We don't have details on Doctor Who: Legacy just yet, but it's worth noting that the announcement image depicts the Doctor's tomb on the desolate planet of Trenzalore, which was featured prominently in the latest season finale. Keep an ear out for the TARDIS's arrival to the Apple and Android stores in the next couple weeks.

Source: Develop [http://www.develop-online.net/news/supermassive-s-doctor-who-games-canned-as-50th-anniversary-title-surfaces/0185737]

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
"Our future depends on one single moment of one impossible day. The day I've been running from all my life.
The Day of the Doctor!"

I do hope this might be a start of some good Doctor Who games.
A chance to have some games where you must look for peaceful solutions.

Plus, who doesn't want a sonic screwdriver?