Amazon and Target Offer Buy Two, Get One Deals on Games

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Amazon and Target Offer Buy Two, Get One Deals on Games

Amazon's offer applies to PS4 games while Target's offer applies to games across platforms.

Companies are aware of the hard-to-resist power of sales. Both Amazon and Target are offering sales for a limited time on select games. When buying two PS4 games from Amazon, you get the third free. When buying any two games, you get the third free from Target.

Amazon's sale begins tomorrow, Nov. 12, at 9 a.m. PST and ends the same day at 1 p.m. PST. The offer applies to PS4 games only sold by Amazon, so buying PS4 games from other sellers do not count toward the promotion. When checking out, use the promotional code GR8TNESS. The PS4 games included in the promotion are the following:

Angry Birds: Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
FIFA 14
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Just Dance
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
Need for Speed Rivals
Skylanders SWAP Force

Target's promotion is ongoing and ends Nov. 16. The discount will be applied at checkout and many titles, including the ones listed above, qualify. Note that the promotion applies only to ordering games from Target's website. The promotion is not available at stores in-person.

If you've got money to burn and want to pick up some games for the PS4's launch, check out Amazon tomorrow, or you've got until Saturday to order from Target.

Source: Target [http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=571974-20&creative=390957&docId=1001500321&linkCode=ur2]

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Slight tweak may be needed to article, as "Buy Two, Get One" (one for the price of two!) isn't as good a deal as "Buy Two, Get One Free"..!

Otherwise looks decent if one is getting a PS4. Always nice to get an extra game (to stick up on eBay..)

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Man. That is a terrible deal. Buy two games and only receive one? Can I circumvent this by buying the two games in seperate purchases?

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Kwil said:
Teoes said:
Slight tweak may be needed to article, as "Buy Two, Get One" (one for the price of two!) isn't as good a deal as "Buy Two, Get One Free"..!

Otherwise looks decent if one is getting a PS4. Always nice to get an extra game (to stick up on eBay..)
Yup.
To paraphrase the Joker..

"This town needs an editor!"
I think it's now an Escapist policy to have at least one mistake per article these days. Unless it really is an offer to pay twice the price for a game, in which case the article seems to overlook that.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Eh, looking at PS4's launch titles, I can't say I'm really impressed. I mean, if I have to get a Next Gen console, it'll definitely be the PS4, but when the only three titles I'm interested in I can already get for my 360, you kind of lost me already.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
sounds just like offers we have here, pay for two, receive one. when did Amazon started learning from small country supermarkets?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Might want to rephrase that title. I was wondering how Amazon and Target were going to convince you to pay the price of two games and only receive one.