Update: PAX Australia Tickets Now on Sale

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Update: PAX Australia Tickets Now on Sale

PAX Australia 2014's organizers promise 50% more capacity than this year's event.

This year's Penny Arcade Expo Australia was a huge success, with tickets selling out before you could say "dickwolf". In order to remedy that, next year the event will be held in a larger location, allowing for around 50% more capacity. Also, even though the event is still almost a full year away, those who need to make absolutely sure they don't miss out this time can now purchase a ticket from the official website [http://aus.paxsite.com/news/pax-aus-2014-tickets-now-available].

Owing to the larger venue, and the age-old business laws of supply and demand, prices have gone up for next year's event. A 3-day pass now costs $150 rather than this year's $115. If you wish to participate in the event's BYOPC LAN, you'll have to shell out an extra $45 on top of that. The single day pass is, however, still only $55.

On top of this, there is a new 3-day international pass, which is available exclusively for international visitors, to give them a chance to at least try and make travel plans before the tickets inevitably sell out.

PAX AUS 2014 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, from October 31 till November 2. Melbournians will note that this is the same weekend as the "Melbourne Cup" horse race, which is a public holiday and kind of big deal around here, so those of you coming from out-of-state or abroad might want to consider getting your accommodation sorted early.

Source: PAX AUS [http://aus.paxsite.com/registration]

Update: Content and community manager for PAX Australia Guy Blomberg has stated that the three-day-passes for the event are now completely sold out! He said that even though the capacity was significantly larger than this year's event, they still sold out of passes within 24 hours.

The single day passes are still available for purchase.

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
Two days and already the three day passes are sold out? How did that even happen?!

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Already bought my Three day pass and apparently they're all gone already, hopefully I'll get the chance to look around and take it in rather than working the whole time.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Awwww I want to go (missed it this year) but I have exams in November... I can't take 3 days off to fly to the other side of the country.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
MrHide-Patten said:
Already bought my Three day pass and apparently they're all gone already, hopefully I'll get the chance to look around and take it in rather than working the whole time.
If you're going to be working the show, why wouldn't you apply for a press pass?

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Seriously.. it's sold out of 3day passes 12 months before the event? well, fuck me. lol

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
MrHide-Patten said:
If you're going to be working the show, why wouldn't you apply for a press pass?
Not a journo, I'm part of an indie studio. We mainly spent this years PAX Aus working our booth.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Can anyone who went to this years fill me in on what the BYOC LAN was like?

Did they run tournaments/prizes or anything like that?

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
mrverbal said:
Really, it's melbourne cup weekend? Which gigantic dickwolf organised that?
My first thought too. Although, they've taken a good approach to it by pre-booking accommodation to offer to PAX goers.

Got my 3 day pass sorted, and itching for it already. Had a blast there this year.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I wish they came to Brisbane. I'd love for a reason to get my Dickwolves shirt out of the draw for once.

EDIT: I'm confused. If the event happened nearly two weeks ago, why was this posted in the news section today?

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
VanQ said:
I wish they came to Brisbane. I'd love for a reason to get my Dickwolves shirt out of the draw for once.

EDIT: I'm confused. If the event happened nearly two weeks ago, why was this posted in the news section today?

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
VanQ said:
The tickets just went on sale for next year's event. PAX AUS 2013 was in July. Feels like longer. :p

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Antitonic said:
VanQ said:
The tickets just went on sale for next year's event. PAX AUS 2013 was in July. Feels like longer. :p
Antitonic said:
VanQ said:
OH! Silly me, that's somewhat embarrassing.