Watch Dogs Fan Film Puts Hurt On Cyber Enforcers

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Watch Dogs Fan Film Puts Hurt On Cyber Enforcers

The game isn't even out, but Brian Curtin's ahead of the curve with his latest movie.

"I never thought we would do a short film on a game that is yet to be released," filmmaker Brian Curtin [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114419-Beyond-Black-Mesa-Director-Returns-With-Half-Life-Origins] admits. "Hopefully we did it justice without knowing the depths of the game, but making it up was half the fun." Watching it's the other half. The fight scene's pretty excellent, but this one captures the feel of those early trailers, adding just enough atmosphere to draw you in further.

For those of you who've been hiding under a rock these last few months: Watch Dogs, a near-future dystopian cyberpunk adventure, has you, as Aiden, using fists and wit - mostly fists, this time out - against Chicago's powers that be. When Ubisoft announced its delay last month, Ubisoft's shares fell through the floor, and at time of writing haven't really recovered; share price dropped from €11.09 to €8.01, and currently stand at something around the €9.55 mark. There still isn't a confirmed release date for this title; spring 2014 is the best Ubisoft's prepared to do.

Curtin loved working on this one, and singles out lead actors here [https://www.facebook.com/TheSumnaa].

Source: Infectious Designer YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/user/InfectiousDesigner?feature=watch]

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
I don't get it, what am I missing here? What is so damn compelling about this game? I really don't see the appeal that everyone is hyping about. I AM SURE THE GAME WILL BE JUST FINE but it hasn't even been released and everyone seems to think that this is the next big AAA franchise that is going to have 9 sequels and a movie. It seems like I blacked out for a week and missed some huge event that proves this is going to be the greatest game ever, I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

The fan film is pretty well made though I must say

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
nice little movie. good fights as well.

part of me still wants the game but at the same time i dont want to be involved in a huge franchise since ubi decided to maker out of every ip a major franchise. i guess time will tell once the game is about to come.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Orange12345 said:
I don't get it, what am I missing here? What is so damn compelling about this game? I really don't see the appeal that everyone is hyping about. I AM SURE THE GAME WILL BE JUST FINE but it hasn't even been released and everyone seems to think that this is the next big AAA franchise that is going to have 9 sequels and a movie. It seems like I blacked out for a week and missed some huge event that proves this is going to be the greatest game ever, I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

I know the feeling. I mean, the premise is interesting and all, but I'm very much 'wait-and-see' about it, and find the enthusiasm a bit... confusing.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Orange12345 said:

open world modern setting that aknowledges digital age and allows you to be a superhero hacker.
some will like it, some wont, personally, its probably the only game im actually excited for.