EVE: Rubicon Trailer Goes For Ghosts, With Explosive Results

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
EVE: Rubicon Trailer Goes For Ghosts, With Explosive Results

Yeah, the Empire really doesn't want you messing with those.

So this is what EVE's "defining moment [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128243-EVE-Online-Rubicon-Brings-Power-to-the-People] when the scales of intergalactic power will shift irrevocably to players" - according to CCP - looks like. Send your combat pilots and hackers out to seek glory, and uncover secret new data from Ghost Sites. Not that the Empire encourages this, of course. In fact, it's dead set against it, which is one reason why your hacker had best be up to scratch. The consequences of getting it wrong can be steep, in EVE: Rubicon, CCP Games' latest free EVE expansion.

The Ghost Site you see here is a hidden lab, rich in tech-secrets, and it's your job to get in there before the timer - which starts as soon as you arrive - runs out. Crack four security systems to get in, and if you flub it, or run out of time, security forces turn up to ruin your day. Ah, but the rewards! Blueprints, all kinds of schematics that you can use to upgrade your own forces, plus the stuff you need to make them. Or sell 'em for ISK, whichever. Ahh, ISK; the lifeblood of the galaxy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88880-EVE-Online-Banker-Scams-Over-80-Billion-ISK]!

Rubicon's due November 19th, which really isn't that far away.

Source: EVE Online [http://www.eveonline.com/rubicon]

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Damnit EVE, why must you be so tempting to those of us who can't justify paying a monthly subscription right now?!

This makes me want to play more than ever, especially now there are more dedicated exploration ships (probably one of my favorite parts of the game by far, though I admit I don't like the hacking part of exploration so much.)

Between this and X:Rebirth today is a good month to be a Starship pilot/captain!

EmilShmiengura

Feb 17, 2009
Awww, pretty looking action packed trailers that have absolutely nothing in common with the actual gameplay. How MMORPG!

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
SacremPyrobolum said:
Aeshi said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
Just make a fucking movie
Well they're making a TV show/series thing based off of it, does that count?
They also said that you could wal around space stations and interact with your friends.
Its coming Soon?

Aeshi said:
Damnit EVE, why must you be so tempting to those of us who can't justify paying a monthly subscription right now?!)
Why pay for a subscription when you and your friends can buy PLEX to sub in game? You just trade in game cash for game time (30 days). In other words, if you play the game you don't have to pay a subscription ever. You just have to be savvy and willing to put a lot of time in the early days to learn the game. Playing with friends makes that easier too.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Aikayai said:
Why pay for a subscription when you and your friends can buy PLEX to sub in game? You just trade in game cash for game time (30 days). In other words, if you play the game you don't have to pay a subscription ever. You just have to be savvy and willing to put a lot of time in the early days to learn the game. Playing with friends makes that easier too.
Well, if you're planing on making PLEX your primary form of subscription service, you'd need so much in game cash that you'd have to build up a fairly decent revenue source. It's easy to do, once you've been playing for... oh, I don't know... maybe 1 year but if you're planing on jumping directly to PLEX after the trial, you'd be so hard pressed at collecting the necessary ISK that you'd be unable to do anything else.

So IMHO, if you're trying to convince someone to play the game, tell them to have fun with the trial instead of spending it all on an endless grind fest.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
Product Placement said:
Aikayai said:
Well, if you're planing on making PLEX your primary form of subscription service, you'd need so much in game cash that you'd have to build up a fairly decent revenue source. It's easy to do, once you've been playing for... oh, I don't know... maybe 1 year but if you're planing on jumping directly to PLEX after the trial, you'd be so hard pressed at collecting the necessary ISK that you'd be unable to do anything else.

So IMHO, if you're trying to convince someone to play the game, tell them to have fun with the trial instead of spending it all on an endless grind fest.
Who says you can't have fun making a few PLEX a month? Like I say, you just have to be savvy or know people who play. We managed to PLEX one of my friends after he'd been playing for just over 2 weeks, and this is cash he made on his own (with some guidance from the corp). The resources are out there to do it and making it a challenge in itself is really fun to try (and a great way to get an alt supported quickly). But I get what you're saying, PLEXing as a goal sometimes puts a lot of pressure on new players but that's part of the challenge. You'll feel totally badass for doing it.