Persona 3 The Movie Trailer Takes You With A Mind Bullet

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Persona 3 The Movie Trailer Takes You With A Mind Bullet

Makoto Yūki's in more trouble than he could possibly imagine.

Shin Megami Tensei is a series beloved of its fans, and soon the Persona 3 movie adaptation The Spring Of Birth will kick off a series of films based on Atlus' story, It's only scheduled for Japanese release at the moment, hence the lack of subtitles, but that probably won't deter most of you. Besides, anything as good as this is bound to cross the water at some point, though whether or not it will get a fan translation or something more official is anyone's guess.

The film stars Akira Ishida as Makoto Yūki, a teen who, after enrolling at Gekkoukan High School, soon finds that things aren't nearly as normal as they seem. Only he, his friends and their Personas can help defend humanity against the monsters that populate the Dark Hour. This Seji Kishi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122964-Visit-the-Midnight-Hour-With-Persona-3-Anime-Trailer] has said that the adaptation follows Persona 3's dark themes.

This one's going to get a November 23rd release in Japan - some fortunate Tokyo filmgoers have already enjoyed an advance screening - and with any luck it will sneak its way across to Western markets before too long!

Source: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/17/new-persona-3-the-movie-1-spring-of-birth-trailer.aspx]

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Multiple Persona 3 movies? Give it to me now! We're going to have to wait a while for a English sub/dub aren't we :(

The amount of Persona content we're getting lately is just fantastic (especially if Persona 5 is announced soon).

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
Liked how they opened the trailer with Burn my Dread like that.

Hopefully the persona 3 movie is better then the persona 4 anime.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
jp201 said:

From the looks of the trailers I'd say it probably will end up better. I liked the P4 anime, but it did have a lot of issues. One change I like that they're making is that they are actually going to have the SEES members fighting hand-to-hand against the shadows. In the P4 anime the Investigation Team just got thrown around the room as their Personas did all the work for them.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
Multiple Persona 3 movies? Give it to me now! We're going to have to wait a while for a English sub/dub aren't we :(

The amount of Persona content we're getting lately is just fantastic (especially if Persona 5 is announced soon).
Apparently we are getting thee of the P3 movies, this one is only the first.
Good thing too, I would hate it for them to rush it with just one movie.

But I do agree with you on those other things.
It will be a while for them to dub/sub it. (I'll probably just watch the dub since I am used to it.)
And hopefully that they will announce Persona 5 with that teaser site. (Six more days to go)
Yet we are also getting that sequel/expansion to the fighting game too, so that might tide us over for a bit while we wait for P5. (I'm guessing they are making it already for probably the PS3 ... maybe PS4 if we are lucky)

... man now I'm thinking about Persona 5 even more. >.<

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
... man now I'm thinking about Persona 5 even more. >.<
You and me both brother. Teaser site is bookmarked and I check it everyday.

I'm hoping it is on PS3 though, otherwise I'm going to have to go buy a PS4 earlier than I had planned.

I'm pretty keen for the Arena sequel too, keen to see Yukari and Junpei again. And to resolve the massive cliffhanger from the first game.

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
You and me both brother. Teaser site is bookmarked and I check it everyday.

I'm hoping it is on PS3 though, otherwise I'm going to have to go buy a PS4 earlier than I had planned.

I'm pretty keen for the Arena sequel too, keen to see Yukari and Junpei again. And to resolve the massive cliffhanger from the first game.
Well I'm ready either way since I'm going to get a PS4 (for the latest Assassins Creed), but it would make more sense if they are making it for the PS3, the only problem I am thinking of is that how long would it take Atlus to bring it to the west?

I'm interested in the story too, that damn cliffhanger made me go almost crazy. XD
And even so ... I want to know who the heck that new guy (Sho Minazuki) is.
red head and double blades ... I'm liking him so far.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
StormShaun said:
Well I'm ready either way since I'm going to get a PS4 (for the latest Assassins Creed), but it would make more sense if they are making it for the PS3, the only problem I am thinking of is that how long would it take Atlus to bring it to the west?
Well Persona 4 was released in July 2008 for Japan, December 2008 for NA and March 2009 for Europe. So they don't take too long to bring them over. Similar time frames for Golden and Arena.

By the way, does anyone know what region Australia falls under? I've never actually considered that before.

StormShaun said:
I'm interested in the story too, that damn cliffhanger made me go almost crazy. XD
My theory is he's under the control of Malevolent Entity and/or Eerie Voice and they use him to create an area in the TV world, like Labrys in the first game. He may even be Eerie Voice but I think he's too young for that.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
jp201 said:

I, for one, actually liked Persona 4: Animation. Mainly because it actually gave Yu some sort of personality.

Also, movie premiers a day before site is supposed to reveal its secret. How could would that be if Persona 5 would be announced at the end of the movie?!

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Maybe, or as soon as the movie finishes it first screening, the site opens up, revealing a plethora of Persona stuff being made (hope its more than just Persona, hope other SMT games are there too, like Devil Survivor 2 Break Record)

I am looking forward to this movie, especially the inevitable English dub.
I imagine something like a short teaser at the end of a movie. Just like Persona 3 movie teaser was shown at the end of Persona 4: Animation.

Oh hell yeah. I freaking love Persona's English dub. Have you heard Shinjiro's original voice?! Dude sounds like a 60 years old!

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
StormShaun said:
Well Persona 4 was released in July 2008 for Japan, December 2008 for NA and March 2009 for Europe. So they don't take too long to bring them over. Similar time frames for Golden and Arena.

By the way, does anyone know what region Australia falls under? I've never actually considered that before.

StormShaun said:
My theory is he's under the control of Malevolent Entity and/or Eerie Voice and they use him to create an area in the TV world, like Labrys in the first game. He may even be Eerie Voice but I think he's too young for that.
If I remember, we fall under DvD region 4 ... but I don't know if you were talking about that or not. XD

There are many theories around for both games ... yet I'm more believing the theories that are saying he is a past Persona MC (Mostly the P3 MC), just for the hope of having the idea of him coming back. BUT we never know what Atlus may throw at us next ... he could be the MC for P5? :D

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Was never able to play Persona 3, but I always held an interest in it. This should probably be a good substitute to playing it. Let's hope that a subbed version becomes available soon-ish.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
GamerMage said:
When am I going to get the remake of Persona 2: EP on PSN, dang it?!
Likely never in any legal means... Before Persona 2:IS for the PSP came out a statement was made that the success of IS would give the go ahead for P2:EP, but sales where lower than predicted by a lot and so they gave up on porting the other half :(

OT: Hope they do a good job in brining the animated movie together and hope it gains a lot of success so we can enjoy more persona goodness.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Considering the direction of the persona team (most lately, Catherine), I CANNOT WAIT FOR P5, it's gonna be siccc

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Hell. Yes.

I definitely can't wait for the sub to come out for this and I really should replay Persona 3. On that note, I should purchase Persona 4 as well.

Lastly, if Persona 5 comes out during this generation then I can hardly wait to see how it will look.