Date A Homestuck Character in Namco High

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Date A Homestuck Character in Namco High

Two characters were added to the upcoming dating sim Namco High.

If you've ever wanted to date the Galaga ship, a taiko drum, or a troll, you have the opportunity to do so in Namco Bandai and What Pumpkin Studios' browser-based dating sim Namco High. The troll, Terezi Pyrope, is from multimedia webcomic Homestuck by Andrew Hussie, who is also the creative director for Namco High. Several Namco characters are available in free "datelines," but Terezi and Donko from Taiko Drum Master are available only through "premium datelines."

Terezi is the first of three Homestuck characters to be in the game in the premium version. Eight additional Namco Bandai universe characters will also be premium datelines. Free characters include Galaga from Galaga, Lolo from Klonoa, Valkyrie from Legend of the Valkyrie, Anti-Bravoman from Bravoman, Meowkie from Mappy, and Albatross from Rolling Thunder.

To top it off, you play as the cousin to the Prince from the Katamari series where you get into trouble quickly and find that "nothing at this school rolls that easily."

Different tiers of packages are available for preorder with digital content and physical items. Each of these grant access to the premium datelines. The deluxe pak, set at $14.95, contains all the dateable characters, a digital soundtrack, wallpapers, and an avatar set. The next tier, called the swag pak, is $49.95 and also includes a Cousin t-shirt, sticker, and pin. For another $50 in the messenger pak, you get a messenger bag. The classmate pak, $249.95, also includes a diploma and class ring, and the final cool kid pak also includes a letterman jacket for $499.95. The packages are available for preorder at WeLoveFine.com. [http://www.welovefine.com/]

You don't have to buy a package to access the premium datelines. Once the game launches, you can buy individual datelines instead of buying the packaged set. Namco High will launch in time for the holidays this season.

Source: Siliconera [http://namcohigh.com/]

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
It still hasn't quite sunken in that this is a real thing that is actually happening.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Oh, right. Hussie working on this is a thing.

...Still not entirely sure how I feel about that.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I think a giant sh*t-storm will come when Homestuck haters learn this....
Now the next step is to date Lyra from My Little Pony.
Because...you know...she want to be human...

EDIT:
I just realised you can date a Spaceship and a Cat.....
Now we need to date a Tranformer. And yes, it IS possible, because, you know [again], Namco Bandai.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Hopefully it should allow same sex dating or else Namco is not with the times. I mean it's 2013, this stuff should be more prevalent in games by now.

Also what is with the absurd pricing of $249.99 and $499.95, that is way too much. The pricing tiers should be the following: $19.95, $39.95, $69.95, $99.95 and $149.95.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
You know, I enjoy reading Homestuck, but the fanbase is possibly the absolute worst I've seen outside of James Holmes' inexplicable fanbase. Too many ships. Too much fangirling. When someone says "Let me tell you about Homestuck," I know it's time to check out of the forum.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Glaice said:
Hopefully it should allow same sex dating or else Namco is not with the times. I mean it's 2013, this stuff should be more prevalent in games by now.

Also what is with the absurd pricing of $249.99 and $499.95, that is way too much. The pricing tiers should be the following: $19.95, $39.95, $69.95, $99.95 and $149.95.
Namco knows their fans. Maybe that why they have these high prices.
Think about..... what will happen if you can date Optimus Prime!!!!
Let me said that again:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NAMCO DECIDE YOU CAN DATE OPTIMUS PRIME!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Terezi? My favorite character from one of my favorite webcomics?
Yes.
YES.
ALL OF THE YESSES.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
GamerMage said:
debtcollector said:
You know, I enjoy reading Homestuck, but the fanbase is possibly the absolute worst I've seen outside of James Holmes' inexplicable fanbase. Too many ships. Too much fangirling. When someone says "Let me tell you about Homestuck," I know it's time to check out of the forum.
Oh, like you aren't like that with something as well. And if you're really like that... please tell me you don't directly tell them that. And for the record, not all of us are like that. Get your facts straight.
No, I'm quite aware that only the most vehemently vocal components of the fanbase are the ones I have a problem with. It's just that, what with them being vehemently vocal and everything, they're the only ones I ever hear from. Which is more than enough to turn me right off the fanbase as a whole. No, I don't tell them to fuck off or shut up or whatever, but I generally don't stick around to see their version of the shipping grid, either.

Honestly, I try to keep my fanboyish squealings off the Internet in general. If that means I dislike a certain group of people, well, my lack of presence on their forums will not hurt them in any way.

MXRom

Jan 10, 2013
Aaand they're premium content. Somehow I get the feeling this was a deliberate cash grab directed on squeezing some extra money out of the massive fanbase.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
GamerMage said:
Fair enough, I can be the same way, sometimes. While there are some ships I'm rooting for, I certainly don't make them known or talk about them. Don't want to get into a conversation with "those" kind of fans as well. My apologizes if I sounded rude.
Don't sweat it. I have a tendency to make unfairly inflammatory statements about these sorts of things. No harm, no foul.

norashepard

Mar 4, 2013
This is so ridiculous but I am 100% behind it and will probably buy ten copies. Bring on that sweet sweet Galaga love.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Honestly. I'm way more interested in being able to date the Galaga ship then a Homestuck character and I'm a Homestuck fan.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
debtcollector said:
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK.

First off it's really long and makes no sense. There are jokes sometimes......

That's pretty much it.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Epicspoon said:
Honestly. I'm way more interested in being able to date the Galaga ship then a Homestuck character and I'm a Homestuck fan.
Think about it like in the movie/book "Christin" by Stephen King:

A Succubus in a form of a Spaceship.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Well, this looks super weird... *clicks through the design team* Wait wait what? Brian Clevinger? "8-Bit Theater" and "Atomic Robo" Brian Clevinger?! Well shit, I may just have to check this out after all.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
norashepard said:
This is so ridiculous but I am 100% behind it and will probably buy ten copies.
This is literally me right now.

... before the school year is over you'll break rules, bare your soul, and touch each other in ways you never dreamed.
Oh, Hussie. You're doing nothing to stomp on the "Homesmut" thing, are you? ;;

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
What
Well, okay then, that's certainly...
Hmmm...
Still, not as weird as when the Kentucky Colonel was in Phantasy Star Portable.
Oh god, is he going to get added in later? Could you possibly date the Colonel?