Resogun Review

I38VWI

Nov 9, 2009
I bet they gave you this game for free...
/Referencing Jimquisition.

Seriously though, this game looks super pretty and fun.
I'm glad there are definitively good experiences to be had with the PS4 launch.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Good to hear it's a solid game. I was fearing the standard churned out lazy tech demo every launch usually gets. I can download it with a smile on my moosh... Coz it will be free for me too. Gawd bless yah psn plus.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
This is definitely the best launch game (and that's not a backhanded compliment). Since you didn't mention the obvious comparison, to me it's Defender given the Space Invaders Extreme treatment.

Prismo

Nov 8, 2013
I look forward to playing this on my PS4 that I will be able to afford in about two years. Yay!

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
oldtaku said:
This is definitely the best launch game (and that's not a backhanded compliment). Since you didn't mention the obvious comparison, to me it's Defender given the Space Invaders Extreme treatment.
Agreed, while I like Killzone and Contrast, I'd say the best of the bunch is Resogun. It's the simplest, but the frantic combat and solid controls make it stand out. I've never died and felt like the game cheated me, I always owned each death due to my own mistakes or not thinking fast enough to remember that I have some Boost, a Bomb, or Overdrive saved up for emergencies. It's just a "dumb game", but it's a solid one.

Also, it's can seriously border on Bullet Hell. Especially on the higher difficulties.

For anyone else reading this, I concur with Jim. This game is a great title for the PS4. And it's currently free to PS+ members, so there is no reason not to get it.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
These guys know a thing or two about this genre, so I'm not all that surprised at how good it seems to be.

darkshale

Nov 12, 2013
Resogun is the most FUN launch title I have played. I own BF4, AC4 and NBA2k14 yet time and time again I put those games aside to play a PS+ free game. Simple and addictive titles like this are why I chose a PS4 over an XboxOne.

Edit, if you have a nice 3D TV one capable of conversion do try out Resogun in 3D it made my wife say "I am glad we bought a 3D TV".