The Mandate Kickstarter Releases Gameplay Trailer "Ghosts"

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
The Mandate Kickstarter Releases Gameplay Trailer "Ghosts"

The trailer features Game of Thrones actor David Bradley as the voice of Lord High Admiral Suvarov, commander of the Grand Fleet.

The latest gameplay trailer for Tsarist space opera RPG The Mandate focuses on the crew of the HMS Retvizan. Award-winning actor David Bradley, who played Argus Filch in the Harry Potter film series and the infamous Lord Walder Frey on Game of Thrones, is introduced in the trailer as the voice of as Lord High Admiral Suvarov. The trailer was created entirely from the in-game Unity engine, and illustrates the many ways a captain can lose crewmembers out in the unforgiving blackness of space.

Bradley is the first voice actor announced for the project. "I'm delighted to be working with the team at Perihelion Interactive to breathe life into the character of Suvarov," says Bradley. "The Mandate is my first foray into the world of videogames, and I'm fascinated to see how my vocal performance is realised within the game."

In the developer diary following the new trailer, The Mandate art director Garret Arney-Johnson talks about how the role of the crew was inspired by science fiction television shows like Battlestar Galactica and Firefly. Arney-Johnson says, "We really want to focus on our interactions with the crew, because we believe that that will be a great source of gameplay and storytelling. We want them to become important in your universe, and we also want them to be important to you when go into battle. You're not just defending your ship, you're also protecting your crew."

The Mandate is a cooperative sandbox RPG, supporting solo play or up to six players. The game puts you in charge of a spaceship in a dystopian future controlled by a Russian Empire. Captains must manage spaceship combat as well as X-COM-style squad combat and limited recruits. Perihelion Interactive launched its Kickstarter campaign on October 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128442-The-Mandate-Kickstarter-Combines-FTL-with-XCOM] with a funding goal of $500,000 USD. The sixty day campaign ends December 2, and as of today The Mandate has raised over $297,000 USD from over seven thousand backers. If funded, The Mandate would have an expected release in 2015. The game has already been greenlit on Steam.

Source: Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/666841]

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Oh come on people! How has this not been kickstarted yet?! It looks awesome and the premise looks like so much fun!

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
1337mokro said:
Oh come on people! How has this not been kickstarted yet?! It looks awesome and the premise looks like so much fun!
I was wondering the same... is there something wrong I should be aware of or is just everyone throwing money at Chris Roberts who doesn't even needs it anymore?

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
1337mokro said:
They'e got 5 days, but they only need another 8 thousand

DONATE PEOPLE! Donate $40 dollars, you'll get early access to the ship designer, early access to character creation, free content packs after it's done, and beta access, the soundtrack, wallpapers, concept art, decal packs for the ships in game, and a free copy!

This is so close, this NEEDS to happen! Donate people! $40, $50, $10,000! I've already given up my food money for the week, I've got nothing else to give, we (supporters of the game) need you guys to help us help the developers make this most awesome of things a reality!

Edit: BOOYAH THEY MADE IT!