Ghost In The Shell:Arise Whispers 8 Minutes Of Team Building

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Ghost In The Shell:Arise Whispers 8 Minutes Of Team Building

Kusanagi's free of her former bosses, but now she has to put together her squad.

Production I.G.'s latest Ghost In The Shell four-part series, Arise, is taking things in a completely new direction, and that means new voice actors and a new backstory. In the first one, Kusanagi was an army brat and hacker hired to look into the death of an arms dealer. Now that case is done with she has a new boss, Aramaki, and a new problem. She needs a team capable of dealing with the kind of threats Section 9 will be up against; wonder who she'll pick?

This is 8 minutes from the beginning of the second episode, Ghost Whispers, due to air in Japan November 30th. FUNimation announced back in June [http://funimation.tumblr.com/post/52976810089/flower-mound-tx-june-14-2013-funimation] that it had acquired the rights to distribute the series in North America, and was planning a special limited edition of the first episode, to be followed by an English language release; presumably the second will get a similar treatment.

Looking good so far!

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/heres-eight-minutes-of-the-new-ghost-in-the-shell-ari-1468090076]

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
not available in your country.
just love this stupid messages. dint had the chance to watch the first one because of that.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It is released on DVD/Blu-Ray in Japan on Christmas Day, I am glad that unlike other anime such as the Madoka Magica, they are releasing them quite soon after the cinematic showing. I have it pre-ordered already.

The only thing I haven't felt Arise hasn't done as well as previous iterations is that the music isn't as memorable. The voice acting is still of a high quality, and unless you are watching it back-to-back with another version, doesn't feel jarring.

Interesting to see they are still working with the ambivalent relationship between Motoko and Batou, in the prequel manga for Arise it shows they knew each other while both working for the military.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i guess it will take some time then to be released on dvd for the western community. as long it is in japanese with english subtitles, im happy. havent watched any of them in english and i dont think i can watch any of the GiS movies/series in english.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Legion said:
It is released on DVD/Blu-Ray in Japan on Christmas Day, I am glad that unlike other anime such as the Madoka Magica, they are releasing them quite soon after the cinematic showing. I have it pre-ordered already.

The only thing I haven't felt Arise hasn't done as well as previous iterations is that the music isn't as memorable. The voice acting is still of a high quality, and unless you are watching it back-to-back with another version, doesn't feel jarring.

Interesting to see they are still working with the ambivalent relationship between Motoko and Batou, in the prequel manga for Arise it shows they knew each other while both working for the military.
Motoko and Batou's relationship was always the most interesting thing about GitS for me. I'm glad it is seems to be taking center stage in Arise.

OT: I really enjoyed the first episode and hope this one turns out great as well. The coolest part about it so far is being able to see the kind of person Motoko was before she became the badass we all know and love.