Amazon Reopened Day One Xbox One Orders, Already Sold Out

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Amazon Reopened Day One Xbox One Orders, Already Sold Out

Amazon reopened orders for a special edition of Xbox One that would be guaranteed to be available on release day, but they've all sold out.

If you were eager to order an Xbox One guaranteed to be in your hands this Friday from Amazon and you haven't ordered it yet, you'll have to wait some more. This morning at 8 a.m. EST, Amazon reopened Xbox One Day One preorders. However, the available Day One editions are already gone.

Amazon announced the new orders of the Day One edition on Twitter last night. The Xbox One Day One edition was not only guaranteed to be available on release day, Nov. 22, it also includes a commemorative controller, a token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging. Other retailers have also sold out of Day One editions. Amazon also no longer has standard editions of the Xbox One available to preorder.

Amazon sold out of initial Xbox One preorders in mid-July after orders opened in June. The company then announced it was accepting preorders for standard editions, but these orders do not have at-launch availability.

Microsoft stores will have Xbox One systems in stock on launch day. Judging by the demand, if you're still hoping to buy an Xbox One on Friday, you'll want to head to a store early. All Microsoft stores in the US and Canada will have the systems available starting at 12:01 a.m Nov. 22. The console is priced at $500.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_mwjcqz]

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Faith in humanity... falling...

Are people still looking to buy this turd in a box after everything that has happened? Or is this a supply problem from Microsoft?

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Well with 2 days before release, it would be TERRIBLE news if they weren't sold out. Not just for MS, but for the industry as a whole.

As much as I despise the Xbone, I still think it would be a bad idea if the PS4 held a monopoly on 'hardcore' games consoles.
I know there's a WiiU, but its not the type of console where, say Battlefield 4 or the CoD crowd will clamour over (which lets face it, is a large percentage of console owners.)

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
There were probably 2 reasons for this. 1. Microsoft delivering more units than promised. 2. People backing out of pre-orders, which you can still do up until tomorrow, I'm guessing. They don't want the Xbox One being sent early, so they are over-night shipping all the Xbox One editions.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Okay first I'd like admit I'm in the PS4 camp; I'm going to buy one in the next few months. I'd like to think at it's core Xbox One is a game system. Strip away the gimmicks of kinect and you're left with a gaming console. Those that purchase it aren't doing so for the other features, they're buying because it plays games and said features. Let's not belittle them for wanting to play the games coming out for Xbox One. Sure they had some horrible policies, but it tried to reverse them before the final release. The current next gen release has often been compared to that of PS3. It's an apt comparison as the new unit is higher priced. Next is is the limited release window. Hopefully this is limit is only regions and doesn't relate to the amount of units available. From what was reported that many of the key features wouldn't work for the other regions. If it won't completely work for country X, then it's not wise to release it there.