Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Will Have Xbox-Exclusive Content

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Will Have Xbox-Exclusive Content

No official word on what the content will be, other than that it will be available at launch.

Among the announcements during New York City's Xbox One launch event last night was the reveal that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be getting content exclusive to Microsoft's platform. Geoff Keighley, host of Spike TV's launch coverage that night, made the announcement adding that the content would be available when the game launches next year. There was no indication of what the content would be or whether it would also be available for the Xbox 360 version of Ground Zeroes. The announcement was also seen in a montage trailer of Xbox One games.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is slated to launch spring of 2014 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4. Last week, it was announced that PS3 and PS4 players would receive an exclusive <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129669-Metal-Gear-Solid-Ground-Zeroes-Has-PS3-4-Exclusive-Classic-Missions>"MGS 1 deja-vu" mission.

Source: <a href=http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5133506/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-getting-exclusive-content-on-xbox>Polygon

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I've never been very keen on exclusive content. Rather than getting excited for it, it just puts me off as sleazy business practices.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
I hope that the practice of making content exclusive for one version of a game ends soon.
Esp. if it's content that is required to know what happened in the story. That Skyrim DLC was atrocious.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh shit. Long time PlayStation exclusive franchise getting exclusive stuff for Xbox? The internet will burn in the next few days.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Exclusive content on one version? Fine, I'll get that version. But I will not buy this game twice just to get all the exclusive content. At least put it for sale as DLC on the other platform.

P.S. Thanks

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Covarr said:
Exclusive content on one version? Fine, I'll get that version. But I will not buy this game twice just to get all the exclusive content. At least put it for sale as DLC on the other platform.

P.S. Thanks
Unfortunately, buying that version just supports this kind of lame ass practice.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
What the fuck happened? Did Sony and Microsoft agree to a swapsies with Bungie and Konami?

I don't like all this exclusive content stuff, seems petty. I can understand exclusive games as system sellers but content just seems like "well you might have that game as well but have an extra mission".

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
How long before the content is available for PS users?

We've seen so much exclusive Xbox content be handed to the PS platform for free or just at all that the word "exclusive" means nothing.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
So both versions get their own exclusive content? So none of them really get any leverage while the customer gets the short end of the stick.

What a smart decision Microsoft/Sony, you really know how to make Kojima happy.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Obligatory PS rage incoming.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

On a more constructive note, is that image in the OP legit? It looks like an awful photoshop, you know where someone has put their head on someone else. Or is that just me?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Well, I guess I won't be buying this game then.

I'm really fed up with all this exclusive content bullshit in games.

A well, after a strongly worded tweet to both kojima and konami I'll turn in for the night.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
trty00 said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Covarr said:

P.S. Thanks
Unfortunately, buying that version just supports this kind of lame ass practice.
True, and it's made doubly unfortunate by the fact that one might not be able to get any other version because shit's expensive. I can't get Assassin's Creed 4 on any platform that isn't the PS3 for example.
Nothing like being held hostage by game publishers and console manufacturers.

Sean Kay

Jul 4, 2011
trty00 said:
I'm already not a fan of console exclusive content. Sure, I guess I'm grateful I have the Aveline DLC for Assassin's Creed 4 on my PS3, but it's still pretty unfair for Xbox and PC users. However, and maybe this is just my bias as a long time Playstation gamer, this rubs me the wrong way more than most. Especially because MGS is series that started on the Playstation and still thrives on the Playsation. This isn't like what happened to Bayonetta 2 where it almost had to go Wii-U exclusive because no one else wanted a sequel, MGS is a successful and critically acclaimed franchise, so... what's with the ship jumping? MGS is also a series notorious for its convoluted plotline, so favoritism towards a console that has housed precisely ONE game in the entire series so far just strikes me as weird. It's like if Halo 6 was announced to also be on the PS4 when it comes out and the PS4 got exclusive content.
The PS4 version is getting exclusive content as well, and considering that was a just one mission with a skin as a nod to MGS1 I wouldn't be expecting anything substantial, if nothing else Kojima wouldn't like to compromise the narrative
And for the record, the huge outcry against Bayonetta on Wii-U proves people wanted the sequel, Platinum Games are beloved, if sadly not by huge numbers of people

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Regardless of its current multiplatform setup, Metal Gear Solid has always felt like a PlayStation franchise to me. So it kind of made sense when they revealed the PS version would have exclusive content.

But... what would they give Xbox? An extra gun or something?
Adam Jensen said:
Oh shit. Long time PlayStation exclusive franchise getting exclusive stuff for Xbox? The internet will burn in the next few days.
The PlayStation version has an exclusive MGS1 Snake skin and a mission called "Deja Vu."

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
Covarr said:

P.S. Thanks
But the other version on playstation has its own exclusive content with the MGS1 deja vu mission so there is no real way around it besides not buying either version of the game.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
jp201 said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Covarr said:

P.S. Thanks
But the other version on playstation has its own exclusive content with the MGS1 deja vu mission so there is no real way around it besides not buying either version of the game.
Way ahead of you! It is the only way.