Steam's 2013 Autumn Sale Begins

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Steam's 2013 Autumn Sale Begins

Thanksgiving is almost upon us, and that means it's time to get out your wallets (again) for the 2013 Steam Autumn Sale.

The doors have been flung open on the 2013 Steam Autumn Sale, and although all you really need to do at this point is boogie over to Steam and lay down the green (hey, it almost rhymes) I feel obligated to fill some space by pointing out a few seriously solid deals.

Let's see here. You got your Daily Deals, like Skyrim for a mere $7.49 or Terraria for $2.49. You got your eight-hour Flash Sales, including Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, also $7.49, or Space Hulk for $10.19. You've got your stupidly stupid-cheap games that maybe you haven't tried yet, like Shadowgrounds for 69 cents, Trine for 99 cents and You Don't Know Jack Vol. 1 XL for $1.01. Got five bucks? Boom, you got Portal 2. Or FTL. Or Fallout: New Vegas. Or whatever.

The point is, there's a lot of stuff and it's really cheap, and probably you'll be able to find at least one or two games to throw a few nickels at. And don't worry if you happen to live on the underside of the world, where "autumn" is just a hazy fever dream: You can scroll down to the bottom of the page and take advantage of the 2013 Spring Sale instead. Either way, the deals are good until December 3.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/]

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I must be strong. I've weathered just about every other sale this year. I have more than enough games to keep me going for months. I must be strong. I've weathered just about every other sale this year. I have more than enough games to keep me going for months. I must be strong.

*buys a couple of games off his wishlist for <£2.00*

edit:

FizzyIzze said:
Never bought anything on the Steam Sale before. Just took a look at it and was unimpressed. Just 20 titles at a time?

Then I saw the bottom of the page, listing 1-20 out of 100.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmn.
Mother of God..

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Never bought anything on the Steam Sale before. Just took a look at it and was unimpressed. Just 20 titles at a time?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmn.

*EDIT* I've resisted Torchlight 2 for a while now. I've asked this before but it's been so long I can't remember. If I was bored with Torchlight 1 (I finished it but didn't feel like another playthrough), will I be bored with Torchlight 2?

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
one of the best things about the store page is at the bottom the text is flipped and says the alternate hemisphere's season also I've been building up my steam wallet through the market in preparation and now I just can't decide.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
FizzyIzze said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmn.

*EDIT* I've resisted Torchlight 2 for a while now. I've asked this before but it's been so long I can't remember. If I was bored with Torchlight 1 (I finished it but didn't feel like another playthrough), will I be bored with Torchlight 2?
Torchlight 2 is very good, although it has been forever and a day since I played the first game so if you're bored with that one I can't say whether or not the second game will bore you. But it does has mods so you can change the game quite a lot in other playthroughs like adding new items, classes skills or even quest packs. The environments are randomly generated each time you first encounter them, so you don't actually play through the same overworlds if you start again (hubs and dungeons are the same though I think). Even at full price it's a good buy, 50% off is a steal.

OT: So far I've not seen anything amazing sale wise, I'll wait to see what the flash sales and daily deals drag up. Although if there is an Xmas sale, maybe it's worth waiting?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
CriticalMiss said:
Thank you. I believe you helped me last time with my TL2 question as well.

Hmm, I wonder if RPG Maker VX Ace is worth it at half off. Looks like I have until December 3rd to try the demo.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Aw come on! I don't start my first job in two years until Monday! DAMN YOU ILL-TIMED SALES!

Pah. Guess I'll just have to wait for the winter sale.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
Must. stay. strong. and. wait. for. christmas. sale.

Outlast is on sale, causing my resolve to shrink...
Hoping Metro Last Light goes down further in price too.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
It's started.

I do like the inverted nature of the background image, even if we are in the last days of spring.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Oh boy, my first Steam sale since getting a new gaming PC. So many games. So many games!

*stifled whimpering*

Someone hold me! I'm not ready!

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Hmmm uninpressed this far. I mean, yeah, there are good games there, but I guess my 189 games include too many of those already -_- Other than those, maybe there's just not much left to buy for me that I may be interested in, unless it's something like Metro Last Light, the Skyrim DLCs... All of them too expensive for my wallet rigth now :(

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I love the comedy videos people have made (thanks for uploading those people). I think I will pick up Prison Architect, seeing as I have been waiting for a while, and it is finally half price. I can't see it going lower than that any time seeing as it is still in Early Access.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Yes the SPRING sale is looking good, and no I'm not just changing it to fit my area, it actually says Spring sale down here in Australia, good on Valve for realising that not everyone lives on their side of the planet :)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Just bought Evoland and Legend of Dungeon :D been on my wish list for a while.

RicoADF said:
Yes the SPRING sale is looking good, and no I'm not just changing it to fit my area, it actually says Spring sale down here in Australia, good on Valve for realising that not everyone lives on their side of the planet :)
Yeah, I liked that too :D thought it was cool nod to their customers all around.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Yeah once again I'm not particularly an impulse buyer, so for most of the sale I'll probably see games that I either don't really care for or games that I do care for that I already bought about 3 sales ago.

Oh well~ Might always be one or two that I'll like by accident =P

Feb 22, 2009
Remember guys, check whether the deal you're getting is going to last for the entire sale, because if it is then there's probably going to be a much better deal at some point during it and you'll feel stupid. Good rule of thumb is usually if it's 50% off, the deal will at some point be better than that.