Borderlands 2 and Grid 2 Headline December's PlayStation Plus Lineup

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Borderlands 2 and Grid 2 Headline December's PlayStation Plus Lineup

PlayStation Plus members will be spending their holidays with Borderlands 2, Grid 2, and Dyad.

December is nearly here, which means that gamers need to start seriously thinking about how they'll spend the holidays. After all, without a solid plan, you might do something silly like start a pair of never-ending, open-world RPGs, and then your entire vacation is shot. Luckily, Sony has unveiled December's PlayStation Plus titles, so you should be able to plan ahead.

Next month's PlayStation 3 offerings haven't been on the market for very long, so they still have that new car smell. Grid 2 hit retail shelves last May and quickly became a favorite among critics and fans. This racing title by Codemasters Southam allows players to drive recklessly through real-world locations like Paris and Barcelona.

Borderlands 2, on the other hand, is far less concerned with real-world authenticity. When Gearbox Software released Borderlands 2 in 2012, it immediately found critical and commercial success, and snatched up several Game of the Year awards. It also went on to spawn nine expansion packs.

If those games aren't enough for you, PlayStation Plus members will also have access to Dyad, a 2012 title that combines shooting, music, racing and puzzles (which sounds impossible until you actually play it).

Vita owners will enjoy Sonic & All-Stars Racing and Urban Trial Freestyle.

The PlayStation 4's PS+ lineup wasn't mentioned in today's announcement, but Sony will probably tackle it very soon. Until then, you have plenty of other distractions.

Source: Playstation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/28/playstation-plus-december-preview/]

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
See this is how you give free games Microsoft.

Really I love all the hits Sony has given me I just wish Microsoft could give enough fucks to try and at least give us some good quality titles that are not over 2-7 years old.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
ClausGrimm said:
Veldie said:

Really I love all the hits Sony has given me I just wish Microsoft could give enough fucks to try and at least give us some good quality titles that are not over 2-7 years old.
A lot of the very early Playstation Plus titles, minus maybe one or two games were old titles. Give it time, I am sure Microsoft will get their heads out of their ass at some point.

OT: Not too interested in any of these titles. Oh well, I have finals anyway that I should study for.
MS is going to stop doing their Games For Gold soon though. it was a limited thing that was supposed to end witht he launch of the new console.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
ClausGrimm said:
Keiichi Morisato said:
ClausGrimm said:
Veldie said:

A lot of the very early Playstation Plus titles, minus maybe one or two games were old titles. Give it time, I am sure Microsoft will get their heads out of their ass at some point.

OT: Not too interested in any of these titles. Oh well, I have finals anyway that I should study for.
MS is going to stop doing their Games For Gold soon though. it was a limited thing that was supposed to end witht he launch of the new console.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.831457-Xbox-Live-Games-with-Gold-Now-a-Standard-Feature-on-Xbox-360

Games for Gold is going to continue, for how long nobody knows, but it will continue for now.
i know, what i said was "Supposed" to end with the launch of the Xbox One, and it will end at some point.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
What? No 6 year old games that everyone and their budgie had play that was already given out free with another game? I call this a scandal!!!

NiPah

May 8, 2009
ClausGrimm said:
Veldie said:

I'm all for giving a massive company the benefit of the doubt but when each successive iteration of a program becomes progressively worse then the last, coupled with the fact that this program was initially created to counter the blatantly superior Sony program, and I'm quite confident in saying Microsoft will not pull it's head out of its ass.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
This is good I bought the season pass for Borderlands 2 and now I can actually finish them.