Car Accident Takes the Life of Actor Paul Walker

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Car Accident Takes the Life of Actor Paul Walker

Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker is dead following a tragic accident in California.

Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California. The tragic news was initially confirmed through Walker's publicist, Ame Van Iden, but an official announcement has now been posted on Walker's social networking profiles.

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide," reads a post on Walker's official Facebook page. "He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

Walker, who turned 40 in September, recently finished work on the sixth installment in the Fast & Furious franchise, and was scheduled to take over the lead role in an upcoming reboot of the Hitman film series. Unfortunately, we'll never get to see Mr. Walker's interpretation of Agent 47.

Regardless of your opinions about his movies, I think we can all agree that 40 is too young, and the fact that he leaves behind a daughter makes this accident even more tragic.

Source: CNN [https://www.facebook.com/PaulWalker/posts/690316711002596]

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Oh wow. That sucks.

On a related note, I actually liked the first Fast and Furious movie. The others weren't exactly what I'd call good, but yeah - this still sucks.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
The worst part is, FF7 is still in filming. For reference, this is like Robert Downey Jr. dying before the Filming of Avengers 2 is done.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Josh Engen said:
Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California.
God dammit universe, stop making me laugh at people dying.

RIP

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
While the details involving the crash are sketchy at this point, driving those sorts of luxury sports cars seems like nothing but dangerous. Their whole design appears meant to tempt you into testing it's engines, speed through streets without a care in the world. All it takes is a bit of acceleration and you could easily reach deadly speeds, and no road is without its bumps.

Again, I am not aware of the full picture. Maybe they were driving as responsibly as you possibly could, maybe the fault didn't lie with the driver. But I won't deny the possibility. Maybe they were late and stressed out and weren't thinking as clearly as they perhaps should have. I know it's intruiging to get there a little bit faster and save yourself some time, but it's really not worth the risk of what could happen if all that force would loose control and come to a sudden stop.

In the end, they were the ones that paid most dearly for it. I hope for the best for their families.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:
Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California.
God dammit universe, stop making be laugh at people dying.

RIP
It's just to perfect, the joke rights itself...:)

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:

RIP
Yeah...
We both are terrible people :(

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Objectable said:
The worst part is, FF7 is still in filming. For reference, this is like Robert Downey Jr. dying before the Filming of Avengers 2 is done.
The worst part is that he passed away too early. But yea, having a major actor die in the middle of filming is going to put the entire production into a weird place. I don't know enough to say if they're going to be able to finish it or if they'll have to start from the beginning. But I don't envy anyone involved.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Josh Engen said:
Is this all the information that was available at the time of writing? Don't get me wrong, it is a rather fair and unbiased article but there are some burning questions left. Was there another vehicle involved? Where they the only two injured? If no one else was involved then this accident is sounding more like it was probably the drivers fault. While it is regrettable that people died, I have less sympathy for self inflicted death.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Thats a shame, to know such a cool guy died in my home town.

My deepest condolences to the family, the driver who also passed, and the people producing FF7.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Objectable said:
I don't know how far they were into shooting FF7. Filming started September 30. Some sites say it's shooting, others say it's in post-production. Maybe, even if they're still shooting, Walker completed his part. I hope he played out, or most of it, and his character makes the final cut. But! How awkward is it going to be to release a movie about driving fast and furious when your deuteragonist just died in a car crash?

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:

RIP
Glad I'm not the only asshole in the world that made that connection.

RIP.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:

RIP
I know, the irony is fucking insane. And I feel like a dick for saying this, but I feel a sigh of relief that maybe they'll stop making FF movies. WE WERE GOOD AFTER 2, THANKS GUYS.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:

RIP
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Glad I'm not the only asshole in the world that made that connection.

RIP.
EHKOS said:
I know, the irony is fucking insane. And I feel like a dick for saying this, but I feel a sigh of relief that maybe they'll stop making FF movies. WE WERE GOOD AFTER 2, THANKS GUYS.
Oh trust me, the puns/jokes aren't going to stop. If there's one thing true about the internet, it's that there's no such thing as "too soon".

But that shouldn't stop us from feeling sympathy for the man's family, especially his daughter :(
We can weep for the man and still celebrate what he did when he was alive.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
What... That's a shame. I've seen every FF movie, and I was a fan in the past. It got too silly after FF2, but I still enjoyed them. I guess they probably won't be making any more FF movies.

Also, the guy was only 40. That's...

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well this sucks. Sadly I think I know what possibly happened. People down here in southern California do not know how to drive in the rain, and there are many accidents and deaths usually when it rains. Lately it's been raining down here so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause.
RIP

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Neronium said:
I would rephrase the statement as this:

People in California do not know how to drive.

In this state, nobody knows how to stop (there is a reason it's called a "Californian roll"), how to use roundabouts ("oh god, what is this round thing? Do I turn left? Right? Can I drive over it?), how to yield ("It's only a suggestion"), or how to follow the speed limit ("But officer, I was only going ten miles faster!")

The last one is important, because, when we are not caught in the grid lock of "rush hour," nobody follows the posted speed limits, unless we see a cop. In normal weather conditions, this isn't really a problem.

In the rain, all bets are off.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
In related news, sylvester stallone dies in tragic boxing accident, mark hamill has unfortunate accident with lightsaber, and tom cruise crashes billion dollar government fighter jet.