The Walking Dead: Season 2 Releases This Month

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013

"A familiar face" accompanies the Twitter announcement that The Walking Dead: Season 2's first episode will release this month.

Telltale Game's The Walking Dead was one of those surprise hits that came out of no-where. Telltale's point-and-click adventure revivals have been pretty hit (Sam and Max) and miss (Jurassic Park), so no-one was expecting yet another adaptation of an existing IP to be the deep, entertaining, and superbly written game that The Walking Dead: Season 1 was. Now, it looks like the long wait since Episode 5 came out last year is over, with the first episode of Season 2 to be out by the end of the month.

"A familiar face returns in The Walking Dead: Season 2 premiere episode, 'All That Remains,' releasing this month," says the Tweet, accompanied with an image of Clementine re-uniting with Omid, the Season 1 character who helped (or hindered, depending on your choices) her and Lee in their prior quest.

It looks like the second season of the game will center around Clementine as she struggles to find her way without the guidance of her adoptive father figure. When we last saw her, she was running aimlessly through a field, distraught after Lee's untimely end. Omid looks happy to see her, and may even become her new guardian.

This is certainly a series to keep an eye on. 400 Days, an additional DLC pack for the game's first season, was released earlier in the year, and did not continue Clementine's story, instead introducing new characters. Perhaps we will also see some of them return in season 2.

Source: Twitter [https://mobile.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/407343619834523649?screen_name=telltalegames]

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
That's a pretty hefty spoiler in your third paragraph there. I know that people should expect that in posts about season 2, but I'm sure someone will be upset about it, considering that's the ending summed up.

I am excite about this game. Very excite.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
You mean the first episode, meaning the first three hours of gameplay, will be released this month.

I am sure we won't get the rest until this time next year... Curse you, Telltale games for releasing such compelling stories at so slow a pace!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Oh, interesting Omid is back... I wouldn't be surprised if he carries on being indecisive and lets Clementine dictate him to an extent, so the player will still be able to make meaningful decisions. Looking forward to this episode.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Omid's back? I was kinda hoping I wasn't going to see him again; he never does or say anything important, just comes off as the typical filler character that gets eaten. Hell, Mark was a better character than him and he didn't even live through a whole episode! We've had two and half of this guy and all he does is annoy me with his blank presence. HE'S JUST THERE!

Dear Omid: GIT BIT!

Dec 14, 2009
Christmas? Lolno, this month shall forever be known as the Month of Feels.

Clem gonna go all Lee on Omid's ass.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

This month? Well fuck yeah that's sooner than I would have expected.

Also, is that the same diner from one of the storylines in 400 Days?

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
5 bucks says Omid dies in the first episode, and Clementine is like "meh".

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Nokturos said:
5 bucks says Omid dies in the first episode, and Clementine is like "meh".
10 bucks says that the game will act like the player's choices matter but they actually don't and almost everybody ends up dead one way or the other without the player being able to do anything about it.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I bought Season One last Christmas when the full lot was cut-price. Reckion Imma be getting this as and when it comes out. Telltale can have my full monies. I must prepare to be an emotional wreck.

Nouw said:
Also, is that the same diner from one of the storylines in 400 Days?
Certainly looks like it, although it's a while since I played that.

Didn't recognise you at first with the new avatar..! You getting all Yeezy on us with that title? Oh you.

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
Steven Bogos said:

"A familiar face" accompanies the Twitter announcement that The Walking Dead: Season 2's fist episode will release this month.
dude the fist episode is my favorite episode.
(Psst, typo guys.)

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
As much as I'm looking forward to this, Omid is easily my least favourite character form season 1. He spent the entire time in a state halfway between slowing down the group with his limp to keeping them completely pinned down because he just refused to outright die.

Hopefully he's not nearly as much of a hindrance in season 2.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Why do I have this nagging feeling that Clementine will have to save Omids ass more than a few times?

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Rayken15 said:
But what about The Wolf Among Us Ep 2?
No love for the Wolf Among Us :'(

I heard a rumour they were going to structure it so that every two weeks we would get an episode of either (i.e. we would get an episode of Walking Dead, then two weeks later Wolf Among Us, and then two weeks later another Walking Dead), but at this point who knows.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
So this will be competing with the Wolf Among us?

No one else think thats kind of weird?

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I'd love to buy this, but after Telltale not fixing the save-bug on season 1 I swore to never buy their stuff again, even if its awesome. Also, thanks for the inevitable spoiler :\

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
If this is why Tell Tale have yet to release Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us then I am very disappointed. Never got into The Walking Dead (game) but found The Wolf Among Us rather compelling and the art style actually fitting with the game itself.