Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Will Launch on Steam

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Will Launch on Steam

Just Cause 2's multiplayer mod is finally arriving on PCs this month, complete with full Steam support.

Just Cause 2 is an interesting game to look back on. Sure, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7358-Review-Just-Cause-2>it had its fair share of gameplay issues and mechanical problems, but at the end of the day who really cared? It let you hookshot into any vehicle, ride the exterior of airplanes, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1632-Just-Cause-2>and carve satisfying paths of destruction across its landscape.

If one thing was missing, it was multiplayer support, which would allow you to team up with friends to destroy Panau together. This is precisely why <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123379-Test-Drive-Just-Cause-2s-Multiplayer-Mod-This-Weekend>fans developed Just Cause 2 Multiplayer, a PC mod that uses third-party servers to bring such players together. The mod has been in beta mode for some time, but multiplayer aficionados can finally take heart: Not only is Just Cause 2 Multiplayer nearing completion, but it will launch this year with full Steam support and functionality.

The Just Cause 2 Multiplayer team is readying a beta this Saturday to iron out some lingering bugs, <a href=http://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,2889.0.html?PHPSESSID=21bguoti9t6ef66i9jm21p1mt6>which you can get keys for here. Once the beta is completed, the finished JC2-MP will be available to download within Steam, including full Friend support and hopefully <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123379-Test-Drive-Just-Cause-2s-Multiplayer-Mod-This-Weekend>the promised custom servers.

Considering how many PC copies of Just Cause 2 are out there, and that it's on sale right now, I have a feeling many servers will be full of Ricos very soon.

Source: <a href=http://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,2889.0.html?PHPSESSID=21bguoti9t6ef66i9jm21p1mt6>Just Cause 2 Multiplayer, via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-just-cause-2-multiplayer-mod-coming-to-steam>Eurogamer

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
The idea of Just Cause 2 multiplayer of that scale always intrigued me, and I'm glad Valve's picking up mods which such frequency lately.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I've been waiting for this. The games map is HUUUGGE, and always wondered how it would be being populated by actual people. Granted, the prospect of seeing over a hundred Ricos grappling onto airplanes, smashing vehicles into each other, and attempting to break the games fragile physics engine is really stupid...in the best way possible.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I think I might buy this on steam during the holiday sale just to play the multiplayer despite me already owning it on 360.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Hey guys, if you wonder where I am I'll be trying to get into the dome again - Last time I was one of the pioneers who were able to glitch into the dome which then became a party. To say the most, we were having fun and spawning vehicles in there, most notably Berings which are the jumbo jets, and they did fit. It's a good bet we surprised Philpax when we did that...

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
For shame Mr. Fanghawk. You can't just link the JC2 steam page without cautioning those who may be new to steam sales that they need to wait till the last day (tomorrow) to see if the game they want doesn't come up as a flash or daily sale before buying it. That's steam sales 101.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I love JC2, for its huge and open world. I have missed every beta test for the MP mod though, and really really wanted to play it. Seems like it would be a shitload of laughs, plus having an actual dogfight in the planes would be a blast. Thankfully Steam is mod-friendly enough to feature this and I'll be ready for the chaos to ensue. Plus I'd love to see some awesome stunt jump recordings made with this game, because its just so damn much fun.
Cheers to all my friends and fellow Escapists whom I will be crashing my jet into in the near future... for teh lulz.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
SecondPrize said:
For shame Mr. Fanghawk. You can't just link the JC2 steam page without cautioning those who may be new to steam sales that they need to wait till the last day (tomorrow) to see if the game they want doesn't come up as a flash or daily sale before buying it. That's steam sales 101.
it was 75% off on gamersgate five days ago, so if anything, it's likely to happen here too, although when is the question

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
GTA Online just wishes it could be Just Cause 2. Seriously it is stupidly fun. Emphasis on the stupid.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Having seen a few videos of the mod in action, I can say I can't wait for it to become official, and I know my friends do, too.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
gigastar said:
Heres a short video demonstrating what JC2 MP might be like.

Let me one up you!

I had many a fun experience playing this mod. The most memorable was slaughtering an entire military base full players in an attack chopper, leaving only one behind in a shiny new chopper taking off. He told me: "Don't you dare!" and I replied: "OK" and then left him alone to laugh at the silliness of it all.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong but... This mod is supposed to be played on the mod maker's servers, right? Or to the very least games need to be hosted on an online server.

If that is the case, I don't think I'd be that interested.

Don't take me wrong, the idea is awesome, yet, maybe it's my sociopathy speaking, but what I really want to do with a game like this is to launch a private LAN game with a few of my friends and go on a Coop-rampage.

So, kudos for the achievement, but if all that is offered is remote play on a server I have no control over, I think I'll sadly pass. :(

Hoping to be corrected on this point.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Oskuro said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but... This mod is supposed to be played on the mod maker's servers, right? Or to the very least games need to be hosted on an online server.

If that is the case, I don't think I'd be that interested.

Don't take me wrong, the idea is awesome, yet, maybe it's my sociopathy speaking, but what I really want to do with a game like this is to launch a private LAN game with a few of my friends and go on a Coop-rampage.

So, kudos for the achievement, but if all that is offered is remote play on a server I have no control over, I think I'll sadly pass. :(

Hoping to be corrected on this point.
Well they do mention they want to introduce private servers later, so I think hosting a LAN-like game will be possible.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
As the world cries out in disbelief, "Why do you need this?"

The community will answer stoically...

Just Cause!

Surprised no one did that yet...

Anyway, OT. I would be more interested if you could host your own private session. Multiplayer in a game like this is a griefer's heaven.