Battlefield 4: China Rising DLC Goes Live, PS4 Patch Delayed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Battlefield 4: China Rising DLC Goes Live, PS4 Patch Delayed

Battlefield 4 fans got good news and bad news today, as the China Rising DLC is now available but the patch for the PlayStation 4 is not.

China Rising, the first of five promised DLC expansions for EA's Battlefield 4, is now ready for action. The expansion pack offers four new multiplayer maps - Silk Road, Altai Range, Guilin Peaks and Dragon Pass - as well a team-based Air Superiority game mode and two new vehicles: the Dirt Bike, a popular ride from the Battlefield 3 expansion End Game, and a big, bad Bomber that can equip conventional bombs and cruise missiles. Two new airborne toys, the SUAV (Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and UCAV (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) have also been added to the arsenal.

China Rising is available now at no extra cost to Battlefield 4 Premium subscribers and will go on sale in two weeks to non-subscribers for $15.

That's the good news; the bad news, at least for Team PS4, is that the update scheduled for today isn't going to make it. "The PS4 game update that was originally meant to go live Dec 3 is undergoing some additional testing and will be rescheduled for a later date," EA DICE rep "Trydling" posted on the Battlelog [http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/]. "We will get back with final details as soon as we have verification that the update is good to go." The PS4 version of Battlefield 4, like all the others, has struggled with bugs and crashes; DICE has already released one update for it but some players are still dealing with a "one-hit kill" bug as well as possible crashes caused by having a "very large amount" of Friends.

Source: Battlefield [http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/china-rising]

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Just bought BF4 today......theres only one thing I WANT changing.......

PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE bring back the L1/R1 aim/fire configuration!!!! I just CANNOT use L2 to fire, its fucking me up big time.

Plus, cap the damn/blasted/fucking/camping/bloody/poxy snipers. One hour into this game and I'm seriously considering taking it back.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
It that trailer supposed to be satirical? It was funny... "We've spent decades making their toys, their shoes and even their flags. All the while enduring their condescension, and biding our time. And finally the moment has come. Now they will know our greatness. Let's Dance!"

Yeah...

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
wooty said:
Just bought this today......theres only one thing I WANT changing.......

PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE bring back the L1/R1 aim/fire configuration!!!! I just CANNOT use L2 to fire, its fucking me up big time.

Plus, cap the damn/blasted/fucking/camping/bloody/poxy snipers. One hour into this game and I'm seriously considering taking it back.
You get used to the L2/R2 aim/fire change after a few hours. I don't like it but you will adapt.

As for capping snipers, no. There is no reason to do this.

CrimsonBlack

Mar 10, 2011
Did anyone else chuckle at the crash bug caused by gamers having a "very large amount" of friends?

Oh stereotypes, you amuse me so.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
wooty said:

Did they released a map pack that unalterably changes the controls of the game for no reason whatsoever?!?

Because that just seems completely mad.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
wooty said:

Did they released a map pack that unalterably changes the controls of the game for no reason whatsoever?!?

Because that just seems completely mad.
Should of qualified this, but its nothing to do with the map pack, just the overall game wont let you have R1 as the fire button. Which is completely screwing up about 7 years worth of basic instinct for me with Playstation shooters......