Team Fortress Comics #2 Released, Starring Spy and Scout

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Team Fortress Comics #2 Released, Starring Spy and Scout

The team continues where Part One left off - on the way to rescue Spy and Scout in Team Fortress Comics #2, "Unhappy Returns."

The first issue of Team Fortress Comics came out back when it was still a bit warm. Yesterday the Team Fortress 2 team revealed on the Team Fortress blog that Team Fortress Comics #2, titled "Unhappy Returns," is available.

In the first issue, the legendary Saxton Hale loses control of Mann Co. After being fired, the team is getting back together thanks to Miss Pauling. "Unhappy Returns" picks up where the first left off. Now that Demo, Soldier, and Pyro are together, the team heads to Teufort to rescue Spy and Scout from the hangman's noose.

Team Fortress Comics will be a six-part series. New issues were planned to release every two months, and the Team Fortress 2 team wrote that it's in the middle of "trying to settle a longstanding debate as to what 'bimonthly' actually means... Others maintain even trying to define it would ruin the enchanting mystery of reading." Regardless, it's available to read now. Reading is so impressive that characters within the comic gasp at libraries.

Unless the Team Fortress 2 team debates on what "tri-monthly" means next, the third issue should be available in about three months as the snow melts away.

Like last time, you can view the comic in your CBR [http://www.teamfortress.com/tf02_unhappy_returns/].

Source: Team Fortress blog [http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11995]

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Man heavy looked so badass at the end there o_O

Can't seriously wait for the next edition in 3 months, I think everyone can wait XD

Cyrromatic

Mar 9, 2012
The wit in these comics (and really, the blog, the game... overall!) gets me everytime. Gah, I just wish I wouldn't have to wait so long between updates.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Couldn't they just kill Tom Jones and inflate the price that way? For an immoral killer, Spy sure thinks rather legally.

It's always surprising to remember that Spy has a face under that mask.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
kailus13 said:

Though only a fan creation, in my personal observations this is often considered a non-official, official representation of the Spy's face.

OT: I often find myself more confused than amused by these TF2 comics, something just always seems off.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Saulkar said:
kailus13 said:
Though only a fan creation, in my personal observations this is often considered a non-official, official representation of the Spy's face.
He looks like the Scout. He also canonically has relations with Scouts' mother. Hmmm...

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
kailus13 said:
Saulkar said:
kailus13 said:
He looks like the Scout. He also canonically has relations with Scouts' mother. Hmmm...
Add onto the fact that it is merely a retexture and aside from some hair they did not edit the geometry of his face. I see where you are going with this. XD

Wait! WFT?! I am getting Captchas in Scandinavian! What the actual taco?!

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
kailus13 said:
Couldn't they just kill Tom Jones and inflate the price that way? For an immoral killer, Spy sure thinks rather legally.
Uh, the Tom Jones thing was a brick joke. Soldier killed Tom Jones in TFC1 (he had Merasmus as a roommate, remember?).