Stasis Succeeds on Kickstarter, Mark Morgan Stretch Goal Goes Down

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stasis Succeeds on Kickstarter, Mark Morgan Stretch Goal Goes Down

The point-and-click horror adventure Stasis has cleared the Kickstarter hurdle and now has about a day left to knock over some stretch goals.

I was a little concerned that Stasis wouldn't get the job done on Kickstarter, but all is now well: The $100,000 goal was reached a couple of days ago and two stretch goals have been achieved since. It is a happy outcome; I played the alpha demo a few weeks back and it was raw, but very promising.

Hitting the stretch goals is a pretty big deal too. The first one, at $105,000, isn't much to speak of - the lead character will be able to use items in the game to commit suicide - but the second, achieved when the Kickstarter crossed the $120,000 mark, will see an "extended Mark Morgan soundtrack" added to the game. Morgan, who confirmed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129590-Fallout-Composer-Mark-Morgan-Signs-Up-For-Stasis] his initial involvement in the project in November, is the composer of the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment soundtracks among others, and is also making music for Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera.

"I know that the standard practice in the final 24 hours is a call to arms to spread the word about your project!" Stasis developer Christopher Bischoff wrote in the latest Kickstarter update. "However I feel that you; the backers, journalists, 'Let's Players', forum and community members from around the world....have gone above and beyond already and I want to take this time to thank you."

With roughly 22 hours remaining, it seems unlikely that the final stretch goal, a prequel chapter about the Cayne Corporation that will be added at $140,000, will be hit, although anything is possible. Either way, Stasis is going to happen, so if you want to get in on the action you'd best get a move on - and if you want to see what all the excitement is about first, the alpha demo remains open to one and all at Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game].

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
At this point, Kickstarter is pretty much just an elaborate excuse to give Mark Morgan and Chris Avellone money, and I'm okay with this.