The Minions of SMITE Speak Out in Their New Documentary

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
The Minions of SMITE Speak Out in Their New Documentary

If you've ever wondered what it's like being a minion in SMITE, now's your chance to find out.

Nobody really thinks of the little guy anymore. It's always gods this and goddesses that, but there's a whole separate group of people who deserve just as much respect and attention. Thanks to the comedy troupe Warp Zone, the minions of SMITE finally have a chance to be heard. The video touches on topics from what it's like working with the gods to just how much pain and suffering they endure on the battlefield in the name of victory. At the end of the day, though, it's easy to see that without the minions of SMITE, things would run a lot less smoothly.

The mockumentary thing might be a bit overwrought, but in this case it actually works. And the whole Jesus not working as SMITE god was spot on. What would his Ultimate even be? Loving? Dying for our sins?

Like other MOBAs, SMITE is free to play, but you have to buy more of the cooler characters. Luckily, we were able to snag a few codes for you guys to unlock a playable Goddess. You now have a chance to experience what it's like to be the true Goddess of the Hunt, but we're going to make you work for it. All you have to do is answer the questions in this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/smitegoddessgiveaway] and you'll be entered for a chance to win a key that unlocks Artemis as a playable character for free in SMITE. Click the banner below to find out more.

And don't worry, even the free to play Gods have their own minions.

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/smitegoddessgiveaway]

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
That was really good, I was expecting some "lets call out all the obvious flaws with dota clones" gag every second. But The Office style commentary made me happy

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I don't do DotA type games and I really don't care about SMITE but this did a pretty good job of making me want to at least try the game out. So hey, if this was marketing it was marketing well done.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Falterfire said:
I don't do DotA type games and I really don't care about SMITE but this did a pretty good job of making me want to at least try the game out. So hey, if this was marketing it was marketing well done.
Eh, I think the adage of bringing people to play with still goes up with smite. But, if you can have fun with it, then that's fine. Me? I lost interest in MOBAs because of this tidbit.

As for the video, well done, but it's the awkward kind of humor. You laugh awkwardly, but when you see something you KNOW is going to go wrong, you just wanna turn your face away. YMMV, though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
NoShoes said:
And the whole Jesus not working as SMITE god was spot on. What would his Ultimate even be? Loving? Dying for our sins?
He'd obviously take a page out of the Tauren Chieftain's book and have an auto-rez that grants full life and mana. I mean I still laughed at the joke, but they could have had Jesus in there as a healer or something. :p

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I can't say enough how much these guys rock. I mean, they treat every religion with respect, like they said when they added Hindu gods to make them the only non-dead religion represented, so that means they'll add Muhammad and Jesus soon. Unless they're hypocrites and were lying through their fucking teeth, that is.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
SecondPrize said:
I can't say enough how much these guys rock. I mean, they treat every religion with respect, like they said when they added Hindu gods to make them the only non-dead religion represented, so that means they'll add Muhammad and Jesus soon. Unless they're hypocrites and were lying through their fucking teeth, that is.
I think they'd get away with not putting Muhammad in, since he's a prophet and not a god (and trust me when I say you could easily piss off some people by getting that wrong :p).

OT: I don't see why Jesus couldn't work in the game. Just make him a hard-support with heals, buffs and debuffs (e.g. reducing attack damage). Still, pretty damn funny video overall!

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
SecondPrize said:
What? Hi-Rez has said specifically that they will never add Jesus or Mohammed. They are not considered violent deities, besides the obvious controversial ramifications. The addition of Hindu gods is already very controversial, especially considering Kali is sexualised. They haven't added a Hindu god for over a year now, so there's probably some reason for that, considering there are thousands of Hindu gods to choose from.