Cards Against Humanity Creators Release "Sexy" Card Game Clusterf*ck

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Cards Against Humanity Creators Release "Sexy" Card Game Clusterf*ck

[vimeo=81788562]​
Cards Against Humanity teamed up with two independent game developers to make a game about hooking up with friends.

Cards Against Humanity is that fun party game where you and your friends get to laugh about horrible things. Deemed "a party game for horrible people," it's not surprising that the creators of that party game have also helped make a sex party game called Clusterfuck.

Clusterfuck first appeared today as a part of Cards Against Humanity's 12 Days of Holiday Bullshit, in which 100,000 people paid $12 to receive 12 unknown gifts over 12 days. The creators of the party game worked with independent game developers Zach Gage and Doug Wilson to make Clusterfuck, which is available for download as a PDF from the game's website.

The objective of Clusterfuck is to either have sex three times or have one threesome. To play the game, players pass notes to each other in complete silence, giving way for plenty of nonverbal communication. Examples of cards read "Pass a card to your left if you think I'm hot!" and "That jerk isn't into threesomes. Let's just fuck each other." This phase ends when someone whose turn it is to pass a note says, "My body is ready!" Then all players close their eyes and point to the person or people they want to hook up with. Two players pointing exclusively to each other earn one point. If three players point to one another, they form a threesome and win three points, winning the game. Players can break up the threesome by giving the middle finger to a suspected trio while eyes are still closed. If this is successful, the person who broke up the threesome earns two points while the trio earns none. There are optional rules concerning Chlamydia and ogling, which you can read about in the game's official rules. [http://clusterfuckgame.com/ClusterfuckPrintAndPlay.pdf ]

What a wonderful way to kick off family gatherings and the holidays.

Source: 12 Days of Holiday Bullshit [http://clusterfuckgame.com/]

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I dunno, every time I play CaH I end up laughing so much I'm sore the next day. I don't think my body will ever be ready.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
My family absolutely LOVES Cards Against Humanity! We play it at just about every family gathering!

Looks like we have a new game to play!

...wait...it's about WHAT?!?

Well...this just got a little awkward.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Well that's going to make a very interesting episode of beer and board games... Gods I hope they don't have Dillon playing it. The carnage.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Escapism peeps! We have new game to play. *raises eyebrows*

OT: The fact that someone has to yell "my body is ready" just makes this game for me.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Perhaps I've played Cards Against Humanity too much but my first though when I read this was to wonder if they have a hardcore rule set. Either way it looks like Twister has some competition in the "games to up the sexual tension between friends" category. :p

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Yeah, this game sounds like a card version of "How to make Enemies and Lose friends" ..

(Captcha: Jump the Gun. I don't think so.. It sounds like a pretty uncomfortable game.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Makabriel said:
Yeah, this game sounds like a card version of "How to make Enemies and Lose friends" ..

(Captcha: Jump the Gun. I don't think so.. It sounds like a pretty uncomfortable game.
Depends on your peer group. It's not something you could play with just regular friends... you know like "hey instead of just jumping right into our regular D&D game let's have a few rounds of Clusterfuck!". Among a tight peer group though where everyone is dating within the group and has probably hooked up at one time or another it's workable. Ditto for more casual engagements where people are there to hook up anyway. Like most similar "sex themed" games it's all about very specific timing, people, and environment. Kind of like someone mentioning "Twister" that can actually make certain social engagements a lot more fun, but most... not really.

That said the central mechanics are interesting, and if they could be transposed to a different subject matter things might be different, though the focus on note passing seems to make that difficult.

All told though while I'm not a player the game that seems to be responsible for wrecking the most relationships is "Diplomacy", decades long marriages have literally been ruined by that game (and quite infamously too, "Bimbos Of The Death Sun" once made some jokes about it).

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Terratina. said:
Escapism peeps! We have new game to play. *raises eyebrows*

OT: The fact that someone has to yell "my body is ready" just makes this game for me.
I'd obviously get all the cards saying "You're hot" and "lets fuck" so it might be a waste of time.
And to be fair, we don't really need this card game for people to get it on :p

OT: Well, it's a good game for... swinger parties I guess? I wouldn't even want to play normal CAH at Christmas tbh :s

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I can see myself playing this game. It isn't even a sex game. It is a game with a sex theme. Don't play with people that can't take a joke. Done.

If you note, the only girl there wasn't even picked. I doubt she was playing with three homosexuals.

It is a game meant to be silly and fun.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Therumancer said:
Depends on your peer group. It's not something you could play with just regular friends... you know like "hey instead of just jumping right into our regular D&D game let's have a few rounds of Clusterfuck!". Among a tight peer group though where everyone is dating within the group and has probably hooked up at one time or another it's workable. Ditto for more casual engagements where people are there to hook up anyway. Like most similar "sex themed" games it's all about very specific timing, people, and environment. Kind of like someone mentioning "Twister" that can actually make certain social engagements a lot more fun, but most... not really.

That said the central mechanics are interesting, and if they could be transposed to a different subject matter things might be different, though the focus on note passing seems to make that difficult.

All told though while I'm not a player the game that seems to be responsible for wrecking the most relationships is "Diplomacy", decades long marriages have literally been ruined by that game (and quite infamously too, "Bimbos Of The Death Sun" once made some jokes about it).
Oh, definitely agreed. I do know plenty of people that would love this game (which I've forwraded along to). This has Niche Market written all over it, heh.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
luvd1 said:
Well that's going to make a very interesting episode of beer and board games... Gods I hope they don't have Dillon playing it. The carnage.
I'm not sure if it would be more awkward if they had all guys or just one girl.

OT: Sounds like a pretty fun game but I know people who would take this all litterally.

Shit would get real.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Aw man, this sounds awesome! I may need to try this! Cards Against Humanity is one of the best, side-splittingly hilarious games out there :p

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
My family absolutely LOVES Cards Against Humanity! We play it at just about every family gathering!

Looks like we have a new game to play!

...wait...it's about WHAT?!?

Well...this just got a little awkward.
But it'll be just the game to play with people you just met.

vid87

May 17, 2010
"What a wonderful way to kick off family gatherings and the holidays."

And then there's the possible holiday bonus: a (hot-crossed) bun in the oven!

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
It's a bit silly and outside the box but i love CaH and would definatley give this a shot, sounds like a laugh.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
So, how exactly does a middle finger break up a threesoNOPENOPENOPE I REGRET ASKING PLEASE DON'T ANSWER.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
The objective of Clusterfuck is to either have sex three times or have one threesome.
And who knows, if you are all really, really drunk that might actually be how the game ends. To be fair most of the time when all my friends get drunk that's how any game ends. [sub][sub]but never for me #foreveralone[/sub][/sub]