Pokemon Mechs Made From Lego Make Me Sad I Can't Buy Them

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon Mechs Made From Lego Make Me Sad I Can't Buy Them

What's if Pokemon's Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise were made from Lego but also mech robots?

While massive Lego projects like yesterday's "Stormbringer" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130486-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-Recreated-With-200-000-LEGOs] has endeavored use such a method to answer the age-old question: what if Pokemon's Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise were mech robots but also made out of Lego?

The result, as you can see below, is quite impressive. Each mech captures the distinctive shape of the three iconic Pokemon, but because they are made from Lego bricks, it gives them a very robotic feel. They each also come with a pilot who can ride inside their monster (although to be honest, it doesn't look too comfortable in there).

[gallery=1957]

The worst part about seeing these pictures is that I know I will never be able to own them. It's a shame because the model's small size means that they would probably make decently-priced consumer models. Maybe we should petition for Stormbringer to take his creations over to Lego Cuusoo [http://lego.cuusoo.com/]?

If you like what you see, be sure to check out the rest of Stormbringer's Flikr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/36769850@N05/], which includes scenes from Half-Life, Attack on Titan and Skyrim.

Source: Rocket News 24 [http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1312/13/news052.html]

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I don't get it. Isn't everything made out of traditional lego a mech robot-looking thing?

Needless to say, they're impressive, but the mech status seems redundant.

EDIT: Okay, you can put a lego man inside one. Neat.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
As much as I like LEGO, I still wonder why The Escapist feels the need to report whenever someone builds something of semi-interest. Slow news day?

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
VanQ said:
As much as I like LEGO, I still wonder why The Escapist feels the need to report whenever someone builds something of semi-interest. Slow news day?
Now that both new consoles have blown their metaphorical launch day loads there won't be much gaming news for a while.

As for the article, the guy has some skill. I didn't think you could use fire pieces like that.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
They are all robotocized ala Sonic SatAM style.

Great work though.

I remember going to a lego convention over the summer, and there were some stellar as hell Pokemon figures.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
VanQ said:
Slow news month.

I appreciate it, to be honest. It's decently interesting and fun. Though I would also appreciate it if The Escapist was a Lego-devoted website entirely. I'm kind of a stickler for Lego.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Headsprouter said:
I don't get it. Isn't everything made out of traditional lego a mech robot-looking thing?

Needless to say, they're impressive, but the mech status seems redundant.

EDIT: Okay, you can put a lego man inside one. Neat.
I think it's more to do with the Lego-men inside than the actual looks.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
You know, if LEGO started producing Pokemon kits...

Eh, who am I kidding. This awesomely applies to too many IP's.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
I'm still trying to figure out the techniques that went into these creations so I may improve my own. Unfortunately, other LEGO builders get grumpy when I ask to dissect their stuff.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Lego and Pokemon? Jesus, that's just about my entire childhood right there, especially considering I spent most of my Lego playing building mechs out of obliterated Bionicle kits. Seeing all these awesome builders has rather bruised my Lego-ego (Legogo?)

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Three down, about 700 more to go. This really either needs to be the gimmick of the next Pokemon game, or the next LEGO game.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I find myself surprised to see that there isn't official Lego Pokemon already, I mean, Lego has done pretty much everything else.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
VanQ said:
Slow news month.

I appreciate it, to be honest. It's decently interesting and fun. Though I would also appreciate it if The Escapist was a Lego-devoted website entirely. I'm kind of a stickler for Lego.
Brickset [http://www.brickset.com] is your friend. Almost daily news and updates and almost complete catalog of sets, parts and figs. Granted, most of the news is of new sets and themes, not so much of the "check this rad build" stuff, but still.

Captcha: come back. Oh Captcha, you know I can't be tied down to just one website!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
VanQ said:
As much as I like whiners, I still wonder why they feel the need to post whenever The Escapist posts something that only semi-appeals to them. Slow trolling day?

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I've never been a big fan of living creatures being made with Legos to be honest. Makes them look too robotic to recognize the original form. Not saying these are bad of course, but it's not how I would visualize bringing Pokemon into Lego form.

Still waiting on those Zelda Lego sets that were submitted for consideration. Those definitely looked good enough for me to buy.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Starik20X6 said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
VanQ said:
Slow news month.

Brickset [http://www.brickset.com] is your friend. Almost daily news and updates and almost complete catalog of sets, parts and figs. Granted, most of the news is of new sets and themes, not so much of the "check this rad build" stuff, but still.

Captcha: come back. Oh Captcha, you know I can't be tied down to just one website!
I also like Eurobricks a lot. And the official Lego fansite blog is pretty neat, too. But damn it, man, there's no such thing as too much Lego stuff!