Dystopian Stealth Game Republique Gets December Release Date

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Dystopian Stealth Game Republique Gets December Release Date

It's only for iDevices for now; PC's coming later, probably in 2014.

Republique, the dystopian stealth game that raised over half a million in Kickstarter cash, blew its summer 2014 projected release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129700-Republique-Director-Expects-a-December-Release], but is on schedule for December 19th. That's when its first episode, Exordium, will launch on iDevices of all kinds, at $5 a shot.

Ryan Payton's Camoflaj studio figures Telltale's example is one to follow. Episodic releases every few months is the goal, each at about $5 per, discounted by 25% if you go for the season pass. Those who backed Republique will get the whole series for $10. Each episode should be about two to three hours long.

A PC version is in the works for a projected 2014 release, but for now Apple mobile device owners are the only ones able to help Jennifer Hale out of the jam she's found herself in. Solid Snake's David Hayter also stars as Zager, a mercenary whose audio logs help you understand the world around you.

[gallery=1965]

Source: VG24/7 [http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/16/republique-hits-mobile-this-week-other-versions-to-follow/]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I heard a lot about the game what with me being a somewhat rapid David Hayter fan at times, so I've been waiting for some sort of gameplay. Good to see that it actually looks good! Waiting for a PC release though, sod getting a better phone or anything.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Looks intriguing. I'll have to wait for the PC release though. Interesting POV, at least it looks so. It seems you're an outside influence of some sort aiding the protagonist in her escape? Hm? Guess I'll have to check their webpage.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I really like the stealth suit. It's like some micro chip designer suit that is made to control persperation. Every other stealthsuit has been body gloves with leather armor over it (the sneakiest of materials?) or some hitech nano suit, it's different to see a loose fitting onesie. And Jennifer Hale is always nice to hear, the female with the sexiest baritone in gaming.

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
The third screenshot reminds me a lot of The Longest Journey. April had the same unhealthy look in the sequences.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Scorpid said:
I really like the stealth suit. It's like some micro chip designer suit that is made to control persperation. Every other stealthsuit has been body gloves with leather armor over it (the sneakiest of materials?) or some hitech nano suit, it's different to see a loose fitting onesie.
The suit reminded me a lot of the Dark Sector 2005 trailer/Warframe suit, somewhat disapointed with the "one touch" gameplay but at 5$ it does have a lot of quality to it, or at least it seems like it.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
mindfaQ said:
The third screenshot reminds me a lot of The Longest Journey. April had the same unhealthy look in the sequences.
I was about to say the same thing, but it seems out protagonist is more scared than April ever was.
Not that i blame her, those skinny soldiers without guns sure look dangerous.