Playseat Evolution & Logitech G27 Racing Wheel Review

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Playseat Evolution & Logitech G27 Racing Wheel Review

Playseat puts you in the driver?s seat. Literally.

Read Full Article

Tom_N7

Jun 7, 2011
Encaen said:
The one complaint I have for the shifter is that there's six gears and no reverse.
This isn't true. To get reverse from the G27 Shifter, you put the stick in the neutral position, push down hard, and then pull it to where sixth would be. It's poorly indicated on the top of the stick.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
MinionJoe said:
Been looking at the G27, and just did a search on the Playseat Evolution. Entire setup will set one back over $600 USD, depending on vendor and model of seat.

I'm wondering how the seat is fastened to the frame. It'd be nice to swap out the racing seat for something more appropriate for ETS2 or OMSI2.
It is a serious investment, no doubt. Almost certainly reserved for the diehard racing fan, and those with entirely too much money.

The whole setup will set you back about the same as a next-gen bundle. So, for the short term at least, given the lack of titles for next-gen, you'll probably get more enjoyment out of the Playseat/G27 than a new console. That said, I won't pretend that a console isn't a better long-term investment, given the expected 8ish year console cycle.

As to attaching a different seat, I'm not actually sure. It's got support bars that screw into the bottom of the seat, which attach to the frame. I suspect you won't be able to slap another seat on there, even if it does look amazingly comfortable for the long haul.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Tom_N7 said:
Encaen said:
The one complaint I have for the shifter is that there's six gears and no reverse.
This isn't true. To get reverse from the G27 Shifter, you put the stick in the neutral position, push down hard, and then pull it to where sixth would be. It's poorly indicated on the top of the stick.
Noted. I'll give that a whirl next time I'm stuck against a wall! Updating...