Actor Jay Mohr Claims He's Working On a New Saints Row Game

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Actor Jay Mohr Claims He's Working On a New Saints Row Game

Actor Jay Mohr tweets that he's doing voice-over work for a new Saints Row game, and even shows the recording studio.

Actor-comedian Jay Mohr (Jerry Maguire, Go) might have just outed the existence of Saints Row V. Over on Twitter, Mohr tweeted [https://twitter.com/jaymohr37/status/413450109696102400], "About to do my voice over work for new Saints Row video game. #showbiz,"which was accompanied by a picture of a recording booth that had six Saints Row characters depicted on a monitor.

It's unclear whether Mohr meant that he was working on a new Saints Row game or DLC for Saints Row IV, which was released in August of this year. But seeing he did say "new," that could mean an all-new entry into the franchise. If so, it really shouldn't be that surprising to hear, since SRIV is one of publisher Deep Silver's biggest games to date.

The actor isn't new to gaming, either. In 2008, Mohr voiced Dane Vogel in Saints Row 2, and he also did voice-over work for Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust the following year.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/saints-row-5-in-the-works/1100-6416806/]

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
it could be a brand new game, but there is the possibility that it's DLC. I am looking forward to the new entry in the series, especially since they were teasing what they COULD do in a possible sequel (even if that scenario would be a logistic nightmare)

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
I think Saints Row 5 would probably be the least surprising news since GTA 5 or NBA 2K14.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I wouldn't put it past a voice actor to be confused, but then....

oldtaku said:
I think Saints Row 5 would probably be the least surprising news since GTA 5 or NBA 2K14.
What about since the last Call of Duty sequel?

Anyway, yeah. My surprise is...Well, non-existent.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
If it's a full-blown sequel... GET SOME O' DAT GEO-MOD ENGINE IN THAR!!

They said they couldn't do it for Saint's Row because the engine would be too hard on the seventh gen. of consoles what with all the buildings and structures in a city. But now, we should be able to do it.

BushMonstar

Jan 25, 2012
It took me a second to remember that he played Dane Vogel, but yeah, I think this'll likely be DLC. For those that didn't know (which I'm assuming is all of you), there were many unused (fully functional) models of characters from past games within Saints Row IV that got discovered after release - one of which was Dane Vogel, the character that Jay played in Saints Row 2. And these were all completely new models, not just them placing the old model in the game.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Guessing it will be a DLC for SR4 given the nature of the ending of the main story combined with the fact that his character got a pistol in the mouth at the end of SR2 (God that was a wonderful game) and plummeted a very long way after the bang.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Frost27 said:
Guessing it will be a DLC for SR4 given the nature of the ending of the main story combined with the fact that his character got a pistol in the mouth at the end of SR2 (God that was a wonderful game) and plummeted a very long way after the bang.
Yea that was my thought: how is this gonna work? Jay's character kinda caught a bad case of death at the end of SR2.

What's next: bring back Mila Kunis? (Please?)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
But what will they call it?

"Saints Row Five" is the only remaining variation on the number I can think of.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Alex Co said:
Actor-comedian Jay Mohr (Jerry Maguire, Go) might have just outed the existence of Saints Row V. Over on Twitter, Mohr tweeted [https://twitter.com/jaymohr37/status/413450109696102400], "About to do my voice over work for new Saints Row video game. #showbiz,"which was accompanied by a picture of a recording booth that had six Saints Row characters depicted on a monitor.
That's promotional art for Saints Row the Third.

And didn't Volition already say they were doing more Saint's Row games, just not about the Boss?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
soren7550 said:
Alex Co said:
That's promotional art for Saints Row the Third.

And didn't Volition already say they were doing more Saint's Row games, just not about the Boss?
yeah that's from saints row the third...

so that seems a genuine as survivor 2299....

yeah I went there!