Report: Guacamelee Coming to Xbox One and PS4

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Report: Guacamelee Coming to Xbox One and PS4

DrinkBox Studio's Guacamelee is allegedly set to come to the PS4 and Xbox One with additional content.

In a report by IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/guacamelee-headed-to-next-gen-features-new-content], it states that DrinkBox Studio's Guacamelee will be coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Spring of 2014. The post, which has since been pulled, also mentions that the PS4 and Xbox One versions will have additional content in the form of two new worlds, new enemies, a "chicken-bomb" ability and enhanced visuals and particle effects to take advantage of the new consoles' horsepower.

When asked for a comment, a DrinkBox Studio rep has given out a rather cheeky "What's Guacamelee?" response.

Released in April 2013 for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and Windows, Guacamelee is a 2D puzzle platform game that has you playing a luchadore named, Juan Aguacate. The story itself draws inspiration from Mexican folklore and has the player swap between two dimensions on your quest to rescue Aguacate's girl.

You can read our review of Guacamelee where The Escapist called it "Absolute brilliance that falls just short of perfection. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10289-Guacamelee-Review-Viva-la-Mexicovania]"

Source: Polygon [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/guacamelee-headed-to-next-gen-features-new-content]

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Wow, was so close to getting this game on sale a week or so back for less than $4 thanks to being a PlayStation Plus member. I held off because I was thinking they might just put it on plus for free some time in the future. Then I read this, and I'm glad I dodged that bullet! New content is always great, even if I don't plan on getting a PS4 for awhile. Something to look forward to though!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Heh, the more people'll play this gem, the better. We need to break more choozo statues, man.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Xathos said:
Wow, was so close to getting this game on sale a week or so back for less than $4 thanks to being a PlayStation Plus member. I held off because I was thinking they might just put it on plus for free some time in the future. Then I read this, and I'm glad I dodged that bullet! New content is always great, even if I don't plan on getting a PS4 for awhile. Something to look forward to though!
It's actually now free for members of PS+, damn fine game it is too, well worth picking up even knowing that a new version is coming.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Reverend Del said:
It's actually now free for members of PS+, damn fine game it is too, well worth picking up even knowing that a new version is coming.
Not for NA PS+ members sadly, least as far as I can tell from looking at the store. Still plan on getting it eventually though!

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
This is good news, got it free through PS+ and loved it. But now that I have a PS4, playing the PS3 just feels... wrong... somehow (must justify purchase!).