Telltale President Would Like To Make a James Bond Game

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Telltale President Would Like To Make a James Bond Game

Is there any franchise Telltale Games won't touch?

If money and licensing were no obstacle, the franchise that Telltale Games' president and co-founder Kevin Bruner would most like to tackle would be Ian Flemming's James Bond series. Bruner, a self-proclaimed massive fan of the series, is saddened by James Bond games that turn him into a crazy mass murderer. He says that his vision of a 007 game would have a lot more, you know, spying.

"I'm a giant James Bond fan and I'm always frustrated by games that make him a mass murderer. He's a super-spy, and that's a different skillset."

A potential Telltale Bond game would draw influences more from the original books than the movies, as Bruner says that the novels have more of a focus on spying and intrigue than post-kill one-liners.

Telltale first wet its feet with Sam and Max Season One, a game that managed to revive both the point-and-click adventure genre, as well as the episodic gaming format. The studio began to tackle more and more iconic IPs as it grew, such as Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead in particular was a smash hit for the studio, and proved that not all movie/tv show tie-in games have to suck.

Recently, during a Reddit AMA, Telltale's other co-founder Dan Connors expressed interest in a game in the Star Wars universe [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129191-Telltale-AMA-Wed-Love-To-Do-Star-Wars].

As well as The Walking Dead Season Two, the studio is currently working on a Game of Thrones [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130326-Telltale-and-Gearbox-Teaming-Up-for-Episodic-Borderlands] series.

Source: Official Xbox Magazine [http://www.oxm.co.uk/68882/walking-dead-developer-would-love-to-make-a-james-bond-game/]

Nov 28, 2007
On the one hand, I'd LOVE to see Telltale mix with Bond, since I greatly enjoy both of them. On the other...Telltale has more than enough of its plate between Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, and Walking Dead Season 2.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Why doesn't he just make his own super spy IP? Telltale could do with some original properties these days.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
On the one hand, I couldn't give two shits about James Bond.
On the other hand, a game from Telltale could change that.
On the third hand, I wish they'd just focus on TWD and TWAU.

thebobmaster said:
On the one hand, I'd LOVE to see Telltale mix with Bond, since I greatly enjoy both of them. On the other...Telltale has more than enough of its plate between Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, and Walking Dead Season 2.
Quit stealing my idioms.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
No Telltale, finish the projects you've already bogged yourselves down with rather than taking on more. Also Discworld. I say it in every thread about Telltale making new game and I won't stop until they do it or they will feel the wrath of Offler!

That said, a not-shit Bond game would be a welcome change.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Oh I wish the books would just die already. They're horribly dated, dull, boring. If you look closely, the movies are a lot more about spying and intrigue than mass murder, too.

I'm sure we can all see already the perfect James Bond sandbox in their mind. I like his angle, too, though I'd never rule mass-murder out of the options you can take in a James Bond game. Especially if you failed an objective and wanted to blow of some steam before you restart.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
In other news, telltale would like to make all the games. Every single one.

Yoshi4102

Mar 10, 2012
You know, this wouldn't be a bad idea at all! I'd play the hell out of it for sure.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Some things work well with episodic content, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones for example. Some don't, Star Wars and James Bond for example.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Telltale - the development studio that looked at Double Fine's list of ongoing unfinished projects and said "We can top that!"

Seriously, Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us are under way. Game of Thrones and Borderlands are in the works. How's about you guys finish something? Maybe? You know, before starting a 5th or 6th project?

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Good lord Telltale, talk about having eyes bigger than your stomach. Start actually eating the meals already in front of you before you go ahead and order yet another dish.

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
I like the idea of hammering Q when I am desperately trying to use a gadget though.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Jandau said:
Telltale - the development studio that looked at Double Fine's list of ongoing unfinished projects and said "We can top that!"

Seriously, Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us are under way. Game of Thrones and Borderlands are in the works. How's about you guys finish something? Maybe? You know, before starting a 5th or 6th project?
That's what I felt when reading this ^^
But I also thought they shouldn't have started a Game of Thrones and Borderlands game before finishing the other two...
Ok maybe three at a time would still be ok but they don't have such a big team to begin with.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I just hope Telltale doesn't pull a SquareEnix and announce a shit ton of game and then lose focus in the middle. (Removing the one-franchise milking part of it).

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
The next wolf among us is allready late as hell. It's been over 3 months now. If you can't manage two games at ones, how do you want to manage 4 or 5 at the same time?!

bigmitch256

Sep 26, 2013
Steven Bogos-"The Walking Dead in particular was a smash hit for the studio, and proved that not all movie/tv show tie-in games have to suck."

You know it was based off the comics right?