Last Chance For a Shot to Win an Xbox One

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Last Chance For a Shot to Win an Xbox One

A few clicks might be between you and a new console.

Christmas has come and gone, leaving behind a mess of pine needles and a seemingly supernatural winter vortex. If Santa didn't leave you a shiny new Xbox One to hibernate with, the only recourse is to take control of your own destiny and get one yourself. Or, you can let us help you with that! For the last month, The Escapist has been running an [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]Xbox One giveaway[/a], and there are only a few more days left to enter before it vanishes, haunting you with terrible images of what might have been, if only you'd entered.

Don't feel bad if you've waited this long to enter. You still have the same odds of winning as the guys who got in sooner and you have less time wait around, filled with anxiety. If you've already got an Xbox One, then you're early to the party. Have a drink and try the hors d'oeuvres. Otherwise, you've got a shot at winning an awesome post-Christmas gift. You've got nothing to lose, so why not give it a try?

The contest runs until the end of January 12th. To enter, all you have to do is go to the [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]contest page[/a] and follow the steps.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
MinionJoe said:
No thanks. But is it OK for me to think this repost is because no one has entered the contest yet? :)
Im betting there is, at least, 200 contestants in it that want one based on the facts that 1: some people actually want the Xbone and 2: its essentially free anyway.

That being said, its quite odd that we'd get a news article to remind us about some give-away because there isnt enough people in it? What did you expect honestly, the Xbone aint exactly loved around here to begin with, let alone that it seems rather desperate to actually feel the need to remind people that there is a free Xbone up for grabs.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
A-D. said:
MinionJoe said:
No thanks. But is it OK for me to think this repost is because no one has entered the contest yet? :)
Im betting there is, at least, 200 contestants in it that want one based on the facts that 1: some people actually want the Xbone and 2: its essentially free anyway.

That being said, its quite odd that we'd get a news article to remind us about some give-away because there isnt enough people in it? What did you expect honestly, the Xbone aint exactly loved around here to begin with, let alone that it seems rather desperate to actually feel the need to remind people that there is a free Xbone up for grabs.
So many assumptions being made in one post, it's about enough to make one's head spin. :p

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
"This contest is open to international residesnts."

Typo police away!

Oh, it's one of those link facebook/twitter account contests.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Microsoft: "This is your last chance to win a wonderful X-Box One, for free! ...Please! Please, for the love of god, help us! People aren't even TRYING through our Mt. Dew deal! We're dying here! HELP US!!"

Heh heh heh heh heh... I don't care if my cap's a winner or not.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
By "follow steps" it really means "Annoy your friends! Spam them with ads for us! And don't forget to give us your personal information so we can pass it out to our affiliates!" Sorry but I don't advertise unless I'm paid to and I definitely don't share my information with anything this shady.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Remus said:
By "follow steps" it really means "Annoy your friends! Spam them with ads for us! And don't forget to give us your personal information so we can pass it out to our affiliates!" Sorry but I don't advertise unless I'm paid to and I definitely don't share my information with anything this shady.
lolwut? You just click a button to submit your username in.

Setch Dreskar

Mar 28, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
Remus said:
lolwut? You just click a button to submit your username in.
There is more to it then that, it then opens a page that asks you to like their facebooks, post comments, and tweets and such. If you just do your name, at least based on the tracker, you aren't entered into the contest, you have to do the facebooks and twitter things, though you can get 5 for just visiting escapist

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
I've entered... ..but I don't know what I'll do if I win.

No seriously, I don't know what I'd end up doing with the machine... ..I'd consider setting it up as a blu-ray player for my parents, but I just can't see my luddite father managing the interface. Or my Linux using mother not burning it as an unholy abomination against science and reason.

There just aren't any games for it I want, yet at least, so I'd have no use for it till some come out.

st0pnsw0p

Nov 23, 2009
Vie said:
I've entered... ..but I don't know what I'll do if I win.

No seriously, I don't know what I'd end up doing with the machine... ..I'd consider setting it up as a blu-ray player for my parents, but I just can't see my luddite father managing the interface. Or my Linux using mother not burning it as an unholy abomination against science and reason.

There just aren't any games for it I want, yet at least, so I'd have no use for it till some come out.
Sell it on e-bay and use the profits buy games you want to play/upgrade your PC/buy a new console that does have games you want to play. That's probably what I'll end up doing with it if I somehow win.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
I couldn't even think of who to give one to if I ever won it.

I wonder if a new Xbone would be useful for trading in towards a PS4 and its massive library of backwa... oh, nope. Not even going to want a PS4 just yet either.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
XBone it's the Xbone. And, while I wouldn't mind winning one to sell, it still isn't worth the bother of entering some silly contest.

:p