Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Brings Female Assassin Aveline to PS3

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Brings Female Assassin Aveline to PS3

Assassin's Creed Liberation's Aveline de Grandpré moves from Vita to PS3.

Connor isn't the only assassin getting involved in politics in America; Aveline de Grandpré moves from her original Vita title to her appearance in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag to her standalone presence on the PS3 in Assassin's Creed Liberation HD.

First released on the PS Vita as Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, the game takes place in Louisiana from 1765 to 1777. Aveline is an African-French assassin who uncovers a plot concerning the rule over New Orleans at the end of the French and Indian War in which France's defeat in the war meant the Spanish government could occupy the city. The rerelease for the PS3 has improved graphics from the original, remastered audio, and new missions. Old missions have also been tweaked to improve pacing. Aveline's trademark whip can be used in both combat and navigation.

Aveline is the first female assassin to be featured as a main, playable character in the series. She fights for liberation often on the side of civilians and slaves, observing from a young age the conflicts in society among the rich and poor, free and enslaved. She briefly meets Connor in her travels to New York. Aveline also has three guises - Assassin, Lady, and Slave - and players can choose which outfit best works for a mission.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD launches on PC and Xbox 360 tomorrow. European players can pick up the game tomorrow. The digital release costs $19.99.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/14/assassins-creed-liberation-hd-launches-today-on-ps3/]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
African-French? So she's a woman...And black?[footnote]the picture above didn't really tell me much in terms of skin tone[/footnote]

They were really sticking it to conventional logic, weren't they?

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I'm always game for anything Assassin's Creed and this one looks particularly interesting but I'm also always a bit cautious when it comes to ports. I've played one too many Saint's Row II type ports to make them an autobuy.

Anybody know anything about how well this plays on PC and how it holds up against the other AC games in terms of quality?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
African-French? So she's a woman...And black?[footnote]the picture above didn't really tell me much in terms of skin tone[/footnote]

They were really sticking it to conventional logic, weren't they?
Indeed, between Connor in AC3 and Aveline in Liberation, this series could have done so much. Then they really messed up by making Connor really bland. Don't know Aveline's personality but here's hoping she does at least have one.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Man, I really need to get cracking on the series. I'm partway through 2 right now, but this looks even more interesting.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
kailus13 said:
Indeed, between Connor in AC3 and Aveline in Liberation, this series could have done so much. Then they really messed up by making Connor really bland. Don't know Aveline's personality but here's hoping she does at least have one.
I'd love to see more natives in games. I was let down when people started mentioning how "meh" Connor was. I don't know about Aveline, but the concept whip gameplay intrigues me slightly (seems a more interesting method of transport than the hook).

Sadly, I didn't see much of that in gameplay vids (I did try and avoid too much info, though).

Falterfire said:
Anybody know anything about how well this plays on PC and how it holds up against the other AC games in terms of quality?
I was surprised to find no PC oriented gameplay on YouTube. Actually makes me sort of suspicious.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
kailus13 said:
I'd love to see more natives in games. I was let down when people started mentioning how "meh" Connor was. I don't know about Aveline, but the concept whip gameplay intrigues me slightly (seems a more interesting method of transport than the hook).

Sadly, I didn't see much of that in gameplay vids (I did try and avoid too much info, though).

Falterfire said:
I was surprised to find no PC oriented gameplay on YouTube. Actually makes me sort of suspicious.
It's not out on PC til tomorrow. It was a Vita game, getting an 'HD' release.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Serenegoose said:
It's not out on PC til tomorrow. It was a Vita game, getting an 'HD' release.
And yet there've been Hd videos up for a while for PS3 and 360, the latter of which doesn't come out until tomorrow, either. Hell, you've already got 100% walkthroughs despite added content.

I guess the short of it is I don't know why anything you've mentioned changes anything. It's quite common to see gameplay footage on YouTube before the release of a game. That, not the issue of it being an HD rerelease, is why I'm suspicious.