Humble Bundle Weekly Sale Highlights Bohemia Interactive, DayZ

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Humble Bundle Weekly Sale Highlights Bohemia Interactive, DayZ

Arma 2 and DayZ are both featured in Humble Bundle's Bohemia Interactive sale.

Humble Bundle has just unveiled <a href=https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly> a new weekly sale focusing in on the various works of Bohemia Interactive. As usual, gamers interested in picking up the contents of this week's bundle will have the choice between paying whatever they want ($1 minimum) for a lesser collection of games, or paying a higher premium price to acquire a larger, arguably more valuable package.

Customers who go for the baseline deal will gain access to Arma: Gold Edition, Arma 2, Arma Tactics, Take On Helicopters, UFO: Afterlight, and Alpha Prime. Gamers who opt to pay extra meanwhile ($6 or more) will also be given Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and DayZ.

It's worth noting that the version of DayZ being featured is the original free mod rather than the standalone version recently released in alpha form to Steam. While the mod itself is free however, you will need to the Operation Arrowhead content to play it. In other words, if you were planning on giving the DayZ mod a try, this is a good opportunity to get into it on the cheap. Of course, if you'd rather not cough up $6 the baseline package still contains a lot of decent content that would more than keep you busy.

Update: The article originally insinuated that you could play the mod version of DayZ without the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead content. This was incorrect and we apologize for any confusion that may have occurred as a result.

Source: <a href=https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly>Humble Bundle

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Oh good thing its the mod. If it was the standalone I was about to flip my shit cause I just bought it for full price

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
DugMachine said:
Oh good thing its the mod. If it was the standalone I was about to flip my shit cause I just bought it for full price
I was considering buying the stand alone tonight but saw the humble bundle and I'll wait until it over just in case of that. ¬_¬

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Aw. I just realised I own all the ArmA games. And Take on Helicopters. I can't use this bundle.

Well, I don't own Tactics but I don't care to.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Author needs to fact check how the DayZ mod works before you post a news piece. That was pretty bad journalism advising people to just grab the mod for free given that the both Arma II + Operation Arrowhead DLC in the bundle is required to be able to run the mod. The fact that the mod is free and the games in the bundle are needed is both stated in your own article and on the page itself.

In other words, telling people to grab the mod for free is completely meaningless. Either they already have Arma II in which case the bundle is redundant, or you're telling them to get the mod without being to run it.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
yamy said:
Author needs to fact check how the DayZ mod works before you post a news piece. That was pretty bad journalism advising people to just grab the mod for free given that the both Arma II + Operation Arrowhead DLC in the bundle is required to be able to run the mod. The fact that the mod is free and the games in the bundle are needed is both stated in your own article and on the page itself.

In other words, telling people to grab the mod for free is completely meaningless. Either they already have Arma II in which case the bundle is redundant, or you're telling them to get the mod without being to run it.
This was a stupid mistake on my part and it's now been corrected. Thank you for the heads up and my apologies for the error.