Humble Bundle Weekly Sale Features PC Roguelikes

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Humble Bundle Weekly Sale Features PC Roguelikes

For less than a dollar you can entertain your inner gaming masochist thanks to Humble Bundle's Weekly Roguelike Sale.

It takes a particular kind of gamer to enjoy a roguelike. The sort of gamer who doesn't mind grinding up against impossible odds knowing fully well that failure is pretty much an inevitability. The point, after all, isn't really to win. It's about leveraging your skill and experience to make it just the slightest bit further than you did the last time you played. Put shortly, even in the wide world of video games, there's nothing quite like a good roguelike.

Thankfully, for fans of the genre, there are plenty of options to choose from. That in mind, if you're looking to try a few, you might want to swing over to Humble Bundle sometime soon. The site, which offers regular packages of games can be purchased for as little as a dollar, has just recently launched a <a href=https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly>bundle of roguelikes. The base deal (minimum $1) will include the games Paranautical Activity, Dungeons of Dredmor Complete and Hack, Slash, Loot. Gamers willing to spend a little bit more (minimum $6) will also receive The Binding of Isaac, Teleglitch: Die More Edition Guns and Tunes and Sword of the Stars: The Pit-Gold Edition.

All in all, it's a really nice collection of games that should be more than enough to entertain roguelike fans for at least a few months, if not more. As always, proceeds from this Humble Bundle sale will be split between the site itself, the games' developers and non-profit groups like Child's Play and The Electronic Frontier Foundation. Customers can also design their own custom split to direct their cash to their recipient of choice.

Source: <a href=https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly>Humble Bundle

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I already invested more than a hundred hours in The Binding Of Isaac, so this would be the Bundle for me if I didn't already own most of these. I am kind of interested in Paranautical Activity at least, though, so I'll pick that up. :)

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Worth is for Dungeons of Dreadmore. That game is pretty amazing. Not a big fan of Hack, Slash, Loot.

red ant

May 18, 2009
I'm seeing this as buy Dungeons of Dredmor and get 2 games free or BTA The Binding of Isaac + 2 free games

The Binding of Isaac is by far the best game on the list by far like a mile

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
The Audiobook Bundle is a lot more interesting for me. Didn't notice it yet, so nice that I stumbled upon it this way.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I pounced. FTL has been my poison of choice, trumping nearly everything I play right now in my considerably large library. It reminds me of how I felt playing those hard as hell arcade games when I was a kid, my rule was never to allow continues, make every quarter count, and those games were unfair, brutal, and fun.

I don't have a single one of these, but I've heard a lot about a few of them, so I'm definitely getting my money's worth I'm certain.