Minecraft on PS3 Sells Over One Million Copies

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Minecraft on PS3 Sells Over One Million Copies

Mojang has announced the PS3 version of Minecraft has managed to move over one million units in just over a month.

Since its release just before Christmas last year, Minecraft on the PlayStation 3 has managed to sell over a million units, developer Mojang has revealed. In an update on the studio's official site, Mojang member Daniel Kaplan posted a message announcing this milestone and also mentions he hopes fans will like the future updates the studio has planned.

Hello all!
Hope you are enjoying the picking and placing of blocks! Just wanted to let you know that Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication and I hope you will like the future updates we have planned for you (more on that in a later blog post).

Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo

/Daniel

For reference, Minecraft on PC has managed to sell over 13 million units to date, with the Xbox 360 version now at over 10 million copies sold since its release.

While news of Minecraft continually selling like hot cakes is good news, don't except the title to make its way onto the Wii U anytime soon, as Markus "Notch" Persson has confirmed there are "no current plans" to port it on Nintendo's console.

Source: Mojang [https://mojang.com/2014/01/minecraft-on-ps3-have-sold-over-1-million-copies/]

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
What's the PS3 version like? Is it more like Minecraft beta 1.7.3, or like Minecraft after the Adventure Update/similar to X360 Edition?

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Dr.Awkward said:
What's the PS3 version like? Is it more like Minecraft beta 1.7.3, or like Minecraft after the Adventure Update/similar to X360 Edition?
Same as the 360's. Not enough add on's but still addictive, which reminds me. My mountain mansion needs a carpet and furniture.