Final Fantasy XIV Coming to PS4 Soon, Collector's Edition Announced

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Final Fantasy XIV Coming to PS4 Soon, Collector's Edition Announced

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn finally comes to PS4 in April, and people who preorder any edition receive special items.

The MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn comes to the PS4 on April 14, Square Enix announced today. Standard and collector's editions are available to preorder today. The game first launched on PS3 and PC on August 27, 2013.

The collector's edition includes physical and digital items. For $79.99, it includes the game, an exclusive box, an artbook titled The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined, the FFXIV Seventh Umbral Era movie disc, the soundtrack, an art card set, and a themed security token. Additionally, the collector's edition includes the following in-game items: a fat chocobo mount, a coeurl mount, behemoth barding for the chocobo mount, a wind-up moogle companion, a baby bethmoth companion, and a Helm of Light, which increases earned experience by 20 percent until level 10. It is sold exclusively through the Square Enix online store. A digital-only collector's edition through PlayStation Network is available for $59.99. The standard edition will be $39.99. Those who preorder either edition also receive a mog cap and a Cait Sith doll minion and the chance to participate in Early Access starting April 11.

Players who already own a PS4 can participate in a beta test beginning Feb. 22. Those who bought FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PS3 can transfer accounts to the PS4 for free starting April 11. Once transferred, PS4 players will not be able to access the PS3 version. To play both versions, the player must purchase the PS4 version separately.

So far, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn has over 1.5 million registered accounts. A free 30-day subscription is included with purchase of the game, and following monthly subscriptions start at $12.99.

Source: Gamasutra [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/27/final-fantasy-xiv-ps4-coming-april-14th-collectors-edition-revealed/]

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
So, if I already own the collector's edition of the PS3 version of the game, will they give me the Fat Chocobo mount when I transfer everything over to my PS4? That would suck if they wanted me to buy another collector's edition for that.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Church185 said:
So, if I already own the collector's edition of the PS3 version of the game, will they give me the Fat Chocobo mount when I transfer everything over to my PS4? That would suck if they wanted me to buy another collector's edition for that.
PRetty sure, since the PC version of the CE gets the Fat Chocobo upon release.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Korten12 said:
PRetty sure, since the PC version of the CE gets the Fat Chocobo upon release.
Fantastic, that mount looks hilarious. Just realized there was a moogle minion announced for CE owners as well.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
I want to love this game, but my laptop can't run it and sub fees turn me off right away... Looks like it's still guild wars 1 for me!