Backyard Freeganomics

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
What's the proper thing to do when one spots Freegans in one's back yard? Are you supposed to put out scraps of lettuce, discarded tomatoes and your love of capitalist waste (then film them through the patio door as they pick at your leavings); or should you be standing at the back door banging a pot with a wooden spoon to shoo them away?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
The numbers on that garbage bin. I can't get them out of my head.

They mean something and I must know what!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I think this may be the first episode I can call "cute" without bending the definition of the word too much. xD

Awesome.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Teoes said:
What's the proper thing to do when one spots Freegans in one's back yard? Are you supposed to put out scraps of lettuce, discarded tomatoes and your love of capitalist waste (then film them through the patio door as they pick at your leavings); or should you be standing at the back door banging a pot with a wooden spoon to shoo them away?
You are wise to have a freeganomic policy in place before the fact.
Social and environmental factors will play a large role in deciding your position.
They really aren't so bad if they don't play their music too loud.

Chimpzy said:
The numbers on that garbage bin. I can't get them out of my head.

They mean something and I must know what!
To ease your suffering I will tell you what they mean.
Those are the numbers on my trash bin.
Please use this information only for the cause of good.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
odolwa said:
Genuinely hilarious. My kind of humour. Well, done.
Like wise, this speaks to my soul. Especially since I have a pack of possums I routinely feed.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
My dogs like to mark my trash cans at every opportunity. They honestly believe trickle-down freeganomics is an effective system. Idiots.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
My dogs like to mark my trash cans at every opportunity. They honestly believe trickle-down freeganomics is an effective system. Idiots.
My favorite beard has returned!

I was looking for a way to make a Ronald Reagan joke.
Your dogs are no idiots, they're making biting social commentary.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Nick Lerman said:
Clankenbeard said:
My favorite beard has returned!

I was looking for a way to make a Ronald Reagan joke.
Your dogs are no idiots, they're making biting social commentary.
Beards tend to go away and then come back. I have had to go back through your menagerie today, to see the works that I missed. I've now seen Mayor McCheese's bastard child, forest fires that only I couldn't prevent, and clowning for fun and prophet. You've been quite prolific in the new year. I have now guffawed.

Would you please clarify for me that this week's interlopers in your garbage are indeed opossums and not rats. I am always comforted by marsupials and distressed by rodents. Captain Kangaroo > Mickey Mouse (...In terms of soothing personal appeal. They tie for alliteration.)

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
Would you please clarify for me that this week's interlopers in your garbage are indeed opossums and not rats. I am always comforted by marsupials and distressed by rodents. Captain Kangaroo > Mickey Mouse (...In terms of soothing personal appeal. They tie for alliteration.)
I assure you that in Nick Lerman's America, opossum eat and rats die.

Except for the time when the opossum crawled under the house and died.
By the time I got under there to retrieve him, the rats had eaten his face off.
Things got a little mixed up there but I quickly restored order to the land.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
You really have to start sorting your tar, ketchup, and mustard into the provided bins. Recycling is important!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I once saw a documentary about freegans.

It was just Stacey Irvine - the girl who ate nothing but McNuggets for 15 years - playing in garbage.

The lack of a media spotlight must've just gotten to the girl.