PS Plus Adding Metro: Last Light, PayDay 2 to Instant Game Collection in February

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
PS Plus Adding Metro: Last Light, PayDay 2 to Instant Game Collection in February

PS Plus subscribers will gain access to the PS3 version of Metro: Last Light during the month of February.

February is only two short days away and Sony, in its perpetual quest to get PS3, PS4 and Vita owners to sign up for PlayStation Plus, has released a preview of the games it plans to add to the service's Instant Game Collection. Put shortly, it's looking like a pretty good month no matter which piece of the company's hardware you own.

While it was already discovered <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131280-Outlast-Free-on-PS4-for-PlayStation-Plus-Users-in-February>earlier this month that Plus subscribers would gain access to the PS4 version of Outlast, Sony's new announcement has revealed that the PS3 and Vita will be receiving some nice Instant Game additions of their own. PS3 subscribers will gain access to Metro: Last Light, PayDay 2 and Remember Me. Vita owners, meanwhile, will be given ModNation Racers: Road Trip and Street Fighter X Tekken.

While Remember Me wasn't the <a rhef=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7542-Remember-Me>best received game of 2013, the remainder of the month's Instant Game offerings are quite solid. The inclusion of Metro: Last Light on its own, for instance, easily makes this a notable month for the PS3. Granted, the Vita has had some arguably better months when it comes to PS Plus, but fans of fighting games and kart racers should be pretty pleased with ModAation Racers: Road Trip and Street Fighter X Tekken. What do you guys think? Has Sony delivered for February or are you still waiting for PS Plus to bring a better Valentine's gift?

Source: PlayStation Blog

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nice!

Looks like I'll be checking out Outlast and Metro: Last Light this febuary. Then I'll have gotten 4 games for only 15 bucks. =)

I think I'll be sticking with this PS+ subscription a little while longer.

Yagami_Kira

May 18, 2012
Sony seems to have made it their mission in life to make Microsoft's gold free games a joke in comparison to PS+'s. I love it.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
I'm pumped, the last couple months have been mostly games I already owned, but PS+ is just piling it on this month. I was already pumped for Outlast, but Metro: Last Light, PayDay 2, and Remember Me have been on my rent list for awhile. I don't really care about Modnation Racer, but I'll certainly get Street Fighter X Tekken for the Vita. Not bad for the equivalent of $4.17 a month.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Wait, I already got remember me from PS+ ...

Anyway, I am not a fan of horror games like amnesia so outlast doesn't interest my ps4 ... I'll still get it but I wont play it. Metro is the stand out this time, was curious about it but not enough to buy, this is perfect for me.

Modnation racers? Little big planet racing is still there for vita! That is a little awkward!

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Looking forward to giving Outlast a try, and whilst I haven't played any Metro games before, this might be a nice place to start.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I loved Metro: Last Light, probably my favorite game of 2013. They should really port it over to PS4/Xbone because I have serious doubts that the previous generation consoles were able to do the visuals justice.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Sucks that Payday 2 is so so behind in regards to patches and updates compared to the PC version. Still a good game, but still... Metro: Last Light is fantastic though.