Walking Dead Season 2 Next Chapter's Just Around The Corner

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Walking Dead Season 2 Next Chapter's Just Around The Corner

Telltale knows Clem's still not bitten, but is it just a matter of time?

Walking Dead fans, get ready: the next chapter in Telltale's point-and-click The Walking Dead: Season 2 is just around the corner. Does that mean we have a date? No. No it does not, but hopefully it means we will have a date this week.

The last episode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10817-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Two-All-That-Remains-Review] was Clem's inaugural as the main character, and it was a smash. Anyone who doubted Clem could hold her own in the lead now knows better, and she's still not bitten. But is it only a matter of time? Telltale likes plunging you right into the depths of despair, and Clem's nothing like as robust as Lee; it'd be so easy for her to get in over her head.

Just hold on. That's all you can do for now.

Source: Telltale [https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/430176422884163584]

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
So. Freaking. Keen.

Loved Season 1 and I adored episode 1 of Season 2. Give me more Clementine goodness!

kanetsb

Sep 13, 2007
Some call it "Early access", other "Episodic content" - same bullshit afaics. It was justified when they couldn't afford full development costs, but now it's starting to get annoying.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
kanetsb said:
Some call it "Early access", other "Episodic content" - same bullshit afaics. It was justified when they couldn't afford full development costs, but now it's starting to get annoying.
Dude, episodic content has nothing in common to early access, if it was early access then you would have the episode 1 still incomplete with just the barebones while probably having access to all the other (also incomplete) episodes. At least with this you still get the proper full experience instead of a "its like this but better", it just comes in small pieces instead of one big piece at the end.

Dec 14, 2009
Sassy Clem is best Clem.

Nobody meses with sassy Clem.

Can't wait for episode two, I can't get enough of this series.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
She looks evil in that picture. I can't see her getting bitten though, not unless the time frame for the series is very short.

Hmm, this reminds me that I still need to pick this up. I loved the first series, but just haven't felt like getting this one yet.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Kind of surprised it's coming sooner than I thought. I figured it would be mid-to-late May going by the long wait for episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us

kanetsb

Sep 13, 2007
josemlopes said:
kanetsb said:
Dude, episodic content has nothing in common to early access, if it was early access then you would have the episode 1 still incomplete with just the barebones while probably having access to all the other (also incomplete) episodes. At least with this you still get the proper full experience instead of a "its like this but better", it just comes in small pieces instead of one big piece at the end.
Might and Magic X was in an "Act 1" early access for a year or so, same deal for the Blackguards game. There are many other ones like those, not every e-a means "a broken pre-alpha game". And I can perfectly understand this structure when the devs don't have the cash to finish the game now - this one shot of money will get them through the game and finance the next one... But, when you're as successful as Tell Tale these days, that justification no longer applies. Having to wait 3 months, just to play 2-3 hours worth of content, for a an entire year, is making me lose interest in the game. In fact with most of these TT games, I just wait until they release at least 3 eps (or the entire thing in the case of WD1).

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
A date? So soon? I wasn't expecting another episode till about mid April, what with the 2nd episode of the Wolf Among Us coming out this week.

But hey, I won't complain! Just a bit surprised is all. Give me more Clementine!

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Can't wait. I do wish they'd just release the whole game in one sitting though. The episodic content would be okay if the window between episodes was shorter, but a month wait for a couple of hours of game content seems a little much.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
AldUK said:
Can't wait. I do wish they'd just release the whole game in one sitting though. The episodic content would be okay if the window between episodes was shorter, but a month wait for a couple of hours of game content seems a little much.
*Cough* TheWolfAmongUs *Cough*
Believe me! One month wait is NOTHING.
This is incredibly early for Telltale, but it's not out yet, so we shouldn't get excited yet.

mistwolf

Feb 1, 2008
Xathos said:
A date? So soon? I wasn't expecting another episode till about mid April, what with the 2nd episode of the Wolf Among Us coming out this week.

But hey, I won't complain! Just a bit surprised is all. Give me more Clementine!
They said they had some sort of large problem that made TWUA take so long. Now that it is cleared, I assume it, and their other things in that engine, will move more apace.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
I just remember when the first season came out, and they had originally promised at least one episode a month. Gods, that took a while.

But I'm glad to hear more is coming.

kanetsb said:
Telltale has always done Episodic content, for most of their stuff. This isn't early access; each episode is complete and I've only seen one patch for Season One regarding a save problem. They feel they'd rather let us get at it as it is developed instead of waiting. Also, you can purchase one episode to see if you like it, rather than be forced to purchase the whole game. And they offer a demo. A fully completed, playable demo.

These things alone makes them a much more reliable and trustworthy company.

AldUK said:
Well, it could be we get nothing for 2 years and then we get 10 hours of game, and then nothing for 2 years again. At least we only wait a year, and then we get a little bit as it goes.

Legion said:
She looks evil in that picture. I can't see her getting bitten though, not unless the time frame for the series is very short.

Hmm, this reminds me that I still need to pick this up. I loved the first series, but just haven't felt like getting this one yet.
She gets bitten, but not how you think. ;) Don't worry, it's not really spoilers

I'd recommend getting this though.