8 of the Best Disney Movies Released

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of the Best Disney Movies Released

To celebrate the day that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Peter Pan were released, we give you a short list of the best Disney movies to have been released.

Read Full Article

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Merry old Endland? Not sure if typo or subtle dig at my home country, though that is actually quite a cool name 0.o

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
JoJo said:
Merry old Endland? Not sure if typo or subtle dig at my home country, though that is actually quite a cool name 0.o
Not a subtle dig, an honest typo. Thanks for the heads up.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I've never liked Peter Pan, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, or many of the older 'lets make a grim fairy tale into something happy' type movies.

Mulan and The Lion King were both fantastic movies, while Lilo & Stitch was kind of amazing in how enjoyable it was.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
It's WAY too soon to put Frozen on there. I haven't seen it, so it could be mind-blowing, but somehow I doubt it. Just wait a year and it will dissolve it's classic status, I'm sure.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Signa said:
It's WAY too soon to put Frozen on there. I haven't seen it, so it could be mind-blowing, but somehow I doubt it. Just wait a year and it will dissolve it's classic status, I'm sure.
No it's not! It's the perfect time! Because people are still really hyped about the movie, so now's the time to make Disney-themed slideshows prominently featuring today's it-movie for the college yuppie set so you can collect sweet, sweet pageviews! Maybe they'll even share it on facebook!

/vitriol.

Anyway, yeah, I guess this was a list. Was Little Nemo in Slumberland on it? Cuz it should be. Imma assume it was.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
truckspond said:
No mention of Wreck-it Ralph? I am dissapoint
Ditto that. I think this will boil down to more subjective tastes than say, box office earnings or media reflections and achievements. Disney owns Miramax, which released Pulp Fiction, so I kind of feel like that deserves a place for some reason.

For my end it was nice seeing Tron and Robin Hood (long time personal favorites). I totally disagree with The Little Mermaid, but only on principle. Happy ending on a classic tragedy? No, Disney, just no...

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
debtcollector said:
Signa said:
No it's not! It's the perfect time! Because people are still really hyped about the movie, so now's the time to make Disney-themed slideshows prominently featuring today's it-movie for the college yuppie set so you can collect sweet, sweet pageviews! Maybe they'll even share it on facebook!

/vitriol.

Anyway, yeah, I guess this was a list. Was Little Nemo in Slumberland on it? Cuz it should be. Imma assume it was.
Was Little Nemo made by Disney? I never saw it. I'm assuming it as closely related as Pixar was to Disney before the merger. If that's the case, then I hope it's on the list, because that would mean that The Incredibles would be on this list too! What a great list of great movies!

HBaskerville

Jun 22, 2010
Signa said:
You haven't seen the movie but you know it is not good. That is a neat trick.

Anyway, lists are always more about what didn't make it on, but I'll admit I was surprise Mulan didn't get a mention. That one was pretty groundbreaking.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
HBaskerville said:
Signa said:

Anyway, lists are always more about what didn't make it on, but I'll admit I was surprise Mulan didn't get a mention. That one was pretty groundbreaking.
Phew, for a moment there, I thought you were being condescending because I made a judgement based on the trailer.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Signa said:
HBaskerville said:
Signa said:

Phew, for a moment there, I thought you were being condescending because I made a judgement based on the trailer.
Rightfully condescending.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
debtcollector said:
Supersnip
Haaalp! I need your sarcasm to keep having fun with this thread. They are ganging up on me for not seeing a movie!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
These lists are always ridiculous. There is a reason movie's like The Lion King or Aladdin are touted around as being amazing...because they ARE. To put something like Frozen or Robin Hood on here is...just silly.