Titanfall On Xbox 360 Gets Pushed Back

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Titanfall On Xbox 360 Gets Pushed Back

The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall has been delayed a bit to give the developer time to really spiff it up.

Usually when one version of a major game release is delayed while the others continue on schedule (and by "usually" I mean "always") it's the PC release, so this Titanfall postponement is both unusual and interesting. EA Studios VP Patrick Soderlund announced today that the Xbox One and PC versions of Titanfall will land as scheduled on March 11, but the 360 edition won't be available until March 25.

"In these last few weeks before launch, Respawn is in the final stages of polishing the Xbox One and PC versions of the game. Bluepoint is doing the same with the Xbox 360 version," Soderlund said. "To give them the time they need to put the finishing touches on the current-gen version of the game, we are moving the Xbox 360 ship date to March 25 in North America and March 28 in Europe. The extra two weeks will ensure the full world of Xbox gamers has an awesome experience."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/431544978951520256]

Of course, if you don't want to wait for the 360 release, you can always go out and score yourself an Xbox One - but it's only a couple of weeks, right?

Source: Electronic Arts [http://www.ea.com/news/titanfall-set-for-march-11-launch-on-xbox-one-and-pc-xbox-360-launch-moves-to-march-25]

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
ha, ninja'd in the first response... but yeah, this reeks of pushing the Xbone to me. Seeing as it is meant to the greatest thing to come to Xbone, and will make everybody buy one, it makes sense that they would try to push back the date of release for the other versions.

although i'm pretty amazed that they haven't also pushed back PC edition, so perhaps this is a convenient half truth after all

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
MinionJoe said:
Anyone want to bet that the 360 version runs/looks like crap compared to the XB1/PC versions?
Bet you it looks identical to the Xbone version, which is why it's getting 'delayed,' the Alpha Xbone footage has been somewhat, unimpressive. No doubt the release version will look better, but I expect Titanfall 360 will look just like Titanfall Xbone but at 720p upscaled wait [http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1l1zr7/].

I'm predicting some impressive lols once it comes out...

Mar 26, 2008
MinionJoe said:
Anyone want to bet that the 360 version runs/looks like crap compared to the XB1/PC versions?
I'll take you up on that wager. I'm thinking that's the reason for the delay, in that they don't want to be laughed out of the building and piss off all the Xbox 360 users.

Incidentally the two people I've spoken to who have played Titanfall at press events have told me that it actually isn't all sizzle and no sausage and is worthy of the hype. I can't wait to find out.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I think the problem with next gen graphics unable to reach 1080p60 is only because the devs *can* do it, but the publishers say:

Pub: "What? You can make it... MORE prettier? Do it."

Dev: "But, if we hold to our current levels, we can put out 1080p60..."

Pub: "I SAID make it more prettier! Turn it down to 720p and then upscale it if you have to!"

Dev: " :-( "

Cust: " :-( "

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Two weeks isn't the end of the world, unless some people are really super desperate to get their hands on the game day one.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I just can't wait for the thing to release so we can compare and contrast the glitches and bugs across PC, 360 and, Bone. I guess this does give me more time to buy an XBone...or beef up my PC...or dig my 360 out of the closet which would be the least expensive option. I'll just sit back and watch the boards light up once this is out.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Adam Jensen said:
Two weeks? Come on. This is such an obvious and miserable attempt to make some people people buy the Xbone.
Seriously. Not to mention the recent announcements about this game have been making something I kinda wanted a wee bit iffy. This isn't helping.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Would people buy an xbone to get it early ? I mean 2 weeks it must have gone to GM before that to get the disks pressed surely. I don't understand the hype it does not look that good, i mean if you are looking forward to it fine i hope you enjoy it but it looks a generic as hell to me.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Shoggoth2588 said:
...or beef up my PC...
This game is running on the same engine as Half Life 2 (Well... in name anyway) and as such it scales down rather well. Unless you are running a museum piece disguised as a PC you can run this game (It runs on an nVidia GeForce 8800 GT and Intel Celeron E3200 Dual-Core or AMD Radeon HD 4770 and AMD Athlon II X2 220 for god's sake! Intel Iris INTEGRATED graphics will eat this game for breakfast!)

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
MinionJoe said:
Anyone want to bet that the 360 version runs/looks like crap compared to the [CENSORED]PC versions?
Does that even come into question anymore?

On topic: If it looks the same as the Xbone version that is hilarious, wonder if they will push it back a few times then cancel claiming it couldn't be properly ported.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Am I the only one here surprised that it's coming to Xbox 360 in the first place? If the XbOne and PC versions have to be limited to 6 players max and a problem with graphics or framerate, then can the 360 even handle that much?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Xman490 said:
Am I the only one here surprised that it's coming to Xbox 360 in the first place? If the XbOne and PC versions have to be limited to 6 players max and a problem with graphics or framerate, then can the 360 even handle that much?
I wasn't at all surprised, for it to be excluding Sony I'd seen this as just going to PC, Xbone and 360 since the 360 is still being supported which would also mean this game would naturally come to even that console.

Bluepoint Games is working on the 360 version and they've been known so far for decent ports including the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, I'd have some faith in them being able to work with the engine that made HL2 years ago.

Also 6v6 was Respawn's design choice, they've already clarified that it's not due to any sort of technologic limit, pure design choice.

the PC and Xbone versions I'd imagine would look good while the 360 would be scaled down in terms of graphical quality and maybe few AI at most and since Respawn is working on Xbone and PC and Blue working on the 360 I'd imagine the other two won't really suffer much if anything at all.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm getting it on the Xbox One anyway but that's a damn shame. If it was also delayed on the PC version I would probably fully admit that it was an attempt at getting people to buy the Xbox One.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
MinionJoe said:
i dont see anyone taking this bet. even the dumb people will realize that running the same game on 10 year old hardware will result in worse results compared to new hardware.

VoidWanderer said:
Hands-up if you did not see this coming?

Anyone?

Didn't think so.
to be honest i didnt. Their PR department felt like finally somone competent to giving info to public and i expected them to release everywhere at same time.

alj said:
Would people buy an xbone to get it early ? I mean 2 weeks it must have gone to GM before that to get the disks pressed surely. I don't understand the hype it does not look that good, i mean if you are looking forward to it fine i hope you enjoy it but it looks a generic as hell to me.
considering the hype surrounding it its going to be a system seller. I know people building new PCs to play this.

Xman490 said:
well, you can always scale it down to 480p resolution and then upscale it (read: fake it) to 720p and pretend it runs ok.