Imperial AT-ATs Invade Sochi Winter Olympics

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Imperial AT-ATs Invade Sochi Winter Olympics

A fantastic mash-up of moguls skiers at Sochi and Imperial AT-ATs makes for the most entertaining Olympic event you'll see all day.

Danish television show Natholdet found a simple way to make the moguls at the Sochi Winter Olympics a whole lot more interesting: By turning a squad of Imperial walkers loose on it. This clever trailer intercuts footage from The Empire Strikes Back with downhill moguls and some excitable announcers to very impressive effect. And not that I'd ever want to see an athlete seriously hurt, but this, much more so than anything currently on the program, is an Olympic event I'd stand in line to watch.

The only complaint? It's just too short. More Imperial wipeouts, please!

Source: YouTube (Natholdetpaatv2) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKVJeA-wTw]

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
"the olympics should turn out fine, unless they have giant robot camels or something."

"hey jim, look. robot camels."

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
"You may fire when ready."

D:

I hope those guys who wiped didn't get injured.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
The first, the only and the best 27 seconds of the Winter Olympics I have ever seen.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
MinionJoe said:
Looks like Russia skimped on the shield generators. Again.
Like everything else they worked on for the olympics they went overbudget and with less than reputable companies. If you're gonna build shield generators FFS get someone who can do it on time for a reasonable price and with at least reasonable quality.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Xan Krieger said:
MinionJoe said:
Looks like Russia skimped on the shield generators. Again.
Like everything else they worked on for the olympics they went overbudget and with less than reputable companies. If you're gonna build shield generators FFS get someone who can do it on time for a reasonable price and with at least reasonable quality.
I agree, they shouldn't have used their stargate to cut a deal with the Ferengi when there are far more reputable arms merchants out there. I heard Putin also bought a barrel of lobi crystals as well... the newb. :)

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Usually I hate post edits like these because they tend to be poorly done SF2 animations that often look a bit forced when compared to how they're supposed to interact with what's going on in the video. This though... this actually kinda worked. I like it.

(( And hopefully he didn't get injured too badly. D: ))

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I see russia's military detected the skier's gayness.

Oh you KNOW putin has fantasized about owning some of those things.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Ultratwinkie said:
Those can't be imperial stormtroopers, they actually hit something.

Still, I find this is more entertaining than the olympics themselves. That isn't saying much, but the olympic fails still are at top spot.
They weren't aiming at the skiers but at the halfpipe

Knife

Mar 20, 2011
Nice video, if the winter olympics were more like this more people would watch them.
Quazimofo said:
And here I thought comparisons of Russia to Hoth were just hyperbole.
According to wookiepedia the temperature on Hoth is somewhere between -32C and -61C.
According to wikipedia the temperature in Russia is somewhere between 45C and -71C.

The comparison doesn't seem as much of a hyperbole. If Luke was russian he wouldn't need to go inside a tauntaun.