Pokemon X and Y's First Distribution-Exclusive Legendary Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon X and Y's First Distribution-Exclusive Legendary Revealed

Diancie is a new rock/fairy type Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y.

Every generation of Pokemon features some ultra-secret 'mons that are usually only available via a special distribution event. Now, Nintendo UK has revealed that the first of these such Pokemon will be Diancie, with a Rock and Fairy typing. It didn't announce specifically how and when Diancie will be made available, but said details are coming soon. It will most likely be via a wi-fi download, much like the special Blazikenite Torchic event accompanying the game's release.

"Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands. It uses these jewels in battle to attack enemies and protect itself."

[gallery=2102]

You may recall that Celebi [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130678-Pokemon-X-and-Ys-First-Legendary-Distribution-is-Celebi] was made available to early adopters of the Pokemon Bank. However, Celebi is actually from an older generation of Pokemon games. Diancie will be the first, completely new legendary Pokemon to be distributed since the game's launch.

However, those of you who are savvy to the Pokemon scene, may actually remember Diancie. Shortly after the game's release, a hacker managed to discover three, secret, unobtainable Pokemon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129269-Pokemon-X-and-Y-Hacker-Discovers-Three-Secret-Unobtainable-Pokemon], and sure enough, there's Diancie right at the top. This means that the other two Pokemon he found are also most likely legit, and should be officially revealed by Nintendo at some point in the future.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtZJh7u3EM]

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Rock/Fairy isn't a unique typing. It's shared by Carbink, a fairly common Pokemon from the new generation that shares a number of design similarities.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
Falterfire said:
Rock/Fairy isn't a unique typing. It's shared by Carbink, a fairly common Pokemon from the new generation that shares a number of design similarities.
I've seen some speculation that you get a Diancie through *something something* Carbink *something something* Anistar crystal.

Some people going as far to claim that you need a shiny carbink since the diancie images released were of shiny diancie since the ones found previously showed different colouring which was assumed to be the normal colouring.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Man that thing is ugly.
I need it/want it though.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
And yet another Pokemon forces me to question the economy of the Pokemon world. I mean, if you've got an animal that can literally make diamonds out of thin air, how does anything in such a world function properly?

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
Hmm, I may be completely wrong but this looks like something that Carbink should've evolved into. Not sure why this is a legendary pokemon when it looks so similar, and even if Carbink wasn't in the game this pokemon would'nt look that impressive by normal legendary standards. As it stands know Carbink is just "that jewel fairy" that just seems kinda random in the game, this might've made it better.

Story

Sep 4, 2013
Daaaah Whoosh said:
And yet another Pokemon forces me to question the economy of the Pokemon world. I mean, if you've got an animal that can literally make diamonds out of thin air, how does anything in such a world function properly?
Well, to be fair the pokemon is assumed to be "one of a kind". I guess diamonds would still be rare if you have one creature in the world making them. I don't know, I try not to think too hard when it comes to pokemon it's a lose lose situation when you do.
fluxy100 said:
Hmm, I may be completely wrong but this looks like something that Carbink should've evolved into. Not sure why this is a legendary pokemon when it looks so similar, and even if Carbink wasn't in the game this pokemon would'nt look that impressive by normal legendary standards. As it stands know Carbink is just "that jewel fairy" that just seems kinda random in the game, this might've made it better.
No you're pretty much right. This legendary is related to Carbink in someway according to Serebii.net. I think little Carbinks like to gather around this thing or something.

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
Story said:
No you're pretty much right. This legendary is related to Carbink in someway according to Serebii.net. I think little Carbinks like to gather around this thing or something.
But then the question is why not just make this an evolution of Carbink. Did they see this one and think "No we have to save this one to be a Legendary"? If that was the plan then something like last gen's Volcarona would've been better, it feels like it's a legendary but it still evolves and can breed and doesn't leave Carbink feeling like a dangling thread.

As it stands it just feels like the Distribution legendary we've been waiting for, is something that should've been just part of the game initially.

Story

Sep 4, 2013
fluxy100 said:
Story said:
But then the question is why not just make this an evolution of Carbink. Did they see this one and think "No we have to save this one to be a Legendary"? If that was the plan then something like last gen's Volcarona would've been better, it feels like it's a legendary but it still evolves and can breed.

As it stands it just feels like the Distribution legendary we've been waiting for, is something that should've been just part of the game initially.
Well, that I can't answer and I agree with you full heartedly. *shrugs* Carbink is such a boring pokemon. I wonder if they might be a part of getting this new legendary or if their connection is just part the "lore".

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Considering most legendary Pokemon are extremely rare I don't see much of a problem. Unless you're playing X and Y you're not going to meet a Moltres in the grass.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Daaaah Whoosh said:
You know that diamonds are actually really common in the real world, right? Like, really common.

And we can artificially create diamonds of higher quality than can be found naturally relatively cheaply.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Daaaah Whoosh said:
This is a universe wherein a bicycle is the single most expensive thing money can buy and literally every facet of human society revolves around pokemon and/or pokemon battling to at least some degree. Are you really thinking about the economics of the pokemon world? Because clearly the designers didn't.

Besides, this is obviously a very difficult pokemon to find. Hence, why it is unavailable through conventional means.

Anyway, I wonder if this will have something to do with the strange souvenir item. I can't wait to find out what that does :)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It kind of cute except for the unrefine rock under the dress, it make it look like it has huge thigh or glue onto it.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Maybe the diamonds it creates don't exist permanently, they just sort of poof out of existence after a while? Plus the Pokémon world is hardly a realistically functioning world anyway, so one more weird thing is just a drop in the ocean.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Yet another box rotter unless it has AMAZING stats, a completely and utterly broken attack such as victinis v-create or at least somehow negates that crippling water weakness.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
It's a bit of a shame that it was spoiled when that one person hacked into X and Y to find the three hidden legendary Pokemon. Diancie is kinda cute I guess, but its typing makes it a threat to Reshiram who I always use in online battles. So hopefully I don't start running into a lot of people using it. >.>

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Couldn't really give a crap about this one, I can't stand the fairy type and rock is next to useless. I love the Water/Fire type so I can't wait for that one. And Hoopa or whatever's design is nice, but I don't see myself having it on my team.

Can we please combine ground and rock? It's the same thing.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
loa said:
Yet another box rotter unless it has AMAZING stats, a completely and utterly broken attack such as victinis v-create or at least somehow negates that crippling water weakness.
Water weakness? Check Steel - because both Rock and Fairy share a weakness to it. One Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, etc. attack and you can kiss your diamond money maker goodbye.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
If Diancie is real, I'm guessing that means Volcanion is too. And I really want Volcanion.