Classic Traveller Sci-Fi RPG Lands On Bundle of Holding

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Classic Traveller Sci-Fi RPG Lands On Bundle of Holding

Traveller, Marc Miller's definitive sci-fi tabletop game, has been bundled with classic edition adventures and starcharts for a limited time.

Contrary to popular opinion, tabletop roleplaying isn't all fantasy settings and Tolkienesque races. Science fiction is also a big part of the medium, thanks in large part to Marc Miller's gaming opus Traveller. Originally published in 1977, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/days-of-high-adventure/7023-A-Perpetual-Traveller-Marc-Miller>Traveller quickly became the definitive space-based tabletop game, letting players explore its massive predefined universe or discover new planets using a world generation system. Even with multiple editions carrying the Traveller brand, all versions remain popular, and new players can start from the beginning with Bundle of Holding's Classic Traveller PDF collection.

The basic bundle kicks off with The Traveller Book, a 1982 compilation of the original 1977 game books. Gamemasters will also get Traveller Supplement 12, a collection of forms, charts, and map grids that can be copied for use during play. The FASA Deck Play Set ACS-1 provides ten starting ships, including scouts, corvettes, and a private yacht, that can be printed as full-size poster maps. Finally, Bundle of Holding has compiled a Traveller orientation pack with starting guides, an extensive timeline, and errata.

For paying above the average, Bundle of Holding will also throw in an introductory adventure, two campaign books, and an Atlas of the Imperium with 35 starmaps. Even without the world generation rules, these books contain enough content to fuel months of ongoing play. If the prospect of dropping characters in an expanding universe excites you, or you just appreciate the 1970s sci-fi aesthetic, this set should be up your alley.

Source: Bundle of Holding

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I think this would be worth it just for that awful artwork...oh boy does that take my back to the early days of my RPG habit back in the 80's

LordBongo

Jun 13, 2011
Cool, I might pick this up solely for the fact that it inspired my favourite album. Definitely check it out if you're a fan of metal.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFK8LtzeizqA76fWuUUauYLdf1hRzNg1J

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
ofrutsra said:
Does that look like Mass Effect 2's box art to anyone else?
Yes, but 80s-ified as all get out.

OT: I love Traveller and heartily endorse the sci-fi riduclous contained in this bundle.