Titanfall is the Most Fun FPS I've Played Since Team Fortress 2

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Titanfall is the Most Fun FPS I've Played Since Team Fortress 2

You know what I like about Titanfall? Damn near everything.

Read Full Article

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I still can't believe that this is on the Source Engine. That puppy has some serious mileage.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
What with the PC version requiring Origin, the 360 version likely being an inferior version and the xbone version requiring an xbone, I'm afraid I shall have to give this a miss.

Oh well. Back to TF2.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Genocidicles said:
What with the PC version requiring Origin
Wait, what? Really? D:

Well. Shoot. That kinda sucks.

Sidenote, is it odd that seeing this gameplay footage, I find myself wondering what Yahtzee thinks of the game if/when he gives it a try?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Going end up skipping this because my 360 is at the point where it can boil water, there's no way in hell I'm getting a X1 (or PS4) this early on, and the PC version requires Origin.

O well.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Why is there still so much refusal to use origin? It's no worse than steam from a consumer rights perspective and it's better in some respects. Sure, it's not got the feature set or community, but it's by no means a deal breaker for me.

That said, I don't think I can justify the cost for a purely MP shooter, especially when I don't trust them not to release shitty overpriced map packs that are basically required 3 months down the line.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Shjade said:
Genocidicles said:
What with the PC version requiring Origin
Wait, what? Really? D:

Well. Shoot. That kinda sucks.

Sidenote, is it odd that seeing this gameplay footage, I find myself wondering what Yahtzee thinks of the game if/when he gives it a try?
It's an EA game, after all. Why wouldn't it require Origin?

It's an EA game. Buyer beware.

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, I think Titanfall corrupted me too. I mean: after the beta, I just couldn't have fun with any other game, except Borderlands 2 and Pokemon (Twitch Plays and Platinum). Everything I tried playing felt like a step back, except those 2. Mark of the Ninja, which I had already finished, but non-lethal, head on assault? Boring! (as in not interesting, not that it is really easy after Titanfall). Skyrim? Meh. DXHR? Hell no. Everything I tried just didn't add up the way Titanfall did.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow, people still having issues with origin. yes, it is from EA and i dint want to get it either but to be honest, it does work very well. since i got my self ME3, i had never any issues with it and it downloads faster then steam.

regarding the game. since i live in asia, i have to wait till the 14th :(
but damn the beta was hell lot of fun. have to agree that i dint had this much fun since TF2 as well and also stopped playing BF4. since this damn game doesnt work anyway.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Genocidicles said:
the 360 version likely being an inferior version
Has anyone really looked into how the 360 version is going to stack up? I'm psyched about Titanfall and all, but not enough to buy a new console. The cynic in me can see them not putting as much effort into the older console version but on the other hand I remember that Clancy game that straddled the last console generation divide actually being markedly better on the original xbox. Personally I'm not an early adopter of new hardware because I've seen developers handle existing platforms much better.

I've no idea what to make of the two week delay in the 360 release for Titanfall - I can make arguments either way for it.

Anyone else heard anything credible? Thoughts? Opinions?

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Holy crap you can hack the spectres? I played the beta a good amount, enjoyed the crap out of it and all, and I never knew you could do that. Can you only hack your own team's spectres or is it both team's robots? Or only the enemy teams robots?

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Ham Blitz said:
Holy crap you can hack the spectres? I played the beta a good amount, enjoyed the crap out of it and all, and I never knew you could do that. Can you only hack your own team's spectres or is it both team's robots? Or only the enemy teams robots?
Only enemy spectres - your name appears underneath the ones you've hacked, and any kills they make supposedly count towards your score. There's actually a burn card that'll automatically start hacking nearby enemy spectres, I believe.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Elijah Newton said:
Genocidicles said:
the 360 version likely being an inferior version
Has anyone really looked into how the 360 version is going to stack up? I'm psyched about Titanfall and all, but not enough to buy a new console. The cynic in me can see them not putting as much effort into the older console version but on the other hand I remember that Clancy game that straddled the last console generation divide actually being markedly better on the original xbox. Personally I'm not an early adopter of new hardware because I've seen developers handle existing platforms much better.

I've no idea what to make of the two week delay in the 360 release for Titanfall - I can make arguments either way for it.

Anyone else heard anything credible? Thoughts? Opinions?
What I know about the 360 version is that its being ported by a different developer and they are keeping information on it tightly under wraps. The other thing I believe is that its going to be released a couple weeks later too.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Yeah, I don't understand the Origin hate. Seems like a lot of people hate it because "everyone hates Origin" rather than actually having good reasons of their own. Not that I'm trying to defend some DRM disguised as a digital delivery service, but it really isn't any worse than Steam. I actually prefer the cleaner interface to Steam (although I still prefer Steam overall...mostly for the ridiculous sales...but if Origin started doing that too it would be pretty much a toss-up).

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
WMDogma said:
Ham Blitz said:
Only enemy spectres - your name appears underneath the ones you've hacked, and any kills they make supposedly count towards your score. There's actually a burn card that'll automatically start hacking nearby enemy spectres, I believe.
yes, forgot to mention it. dint know either you can do this. do you just walk behind them and instead breaking their necks you press the use button? cant remember seeing this button appearing.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
This must be some of that paid-for review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132384-Respawn-Denies-Paying-Bribes-For-Positive-Titanfall-Coverage] content I've heard so much about!
[small](I kid! I kid! No hit!)[/small]

With all the love it's getting from beta, I sorta feel bad that Titanfall seems like... not my cup of tea. I just can't seem to get into competitive shooters, no matter how good, and find myself desperately wishing this game had a campaign or co-op mode.