Portal, Walking Dead, Archer Games Among Cryptozoic 2014 Lineup

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Portal, Walking Dead, Archer Games Among Cryptozoic 2014 Lineup

Cryptozoic also unveiled a multitude of Hobbit deckbuilder goodness, as well as Bravest Warriors and Naruto Shippuden games.

Cryptozoic has announced that they'll be producing a Portal board game this year designed by the same folks as the video games. Contrary to most other Cryptozoic games, Portal: Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game - which the company calls a working title - will include a large amount of tiles and miniatures. Including tiny portal turrets, test subjects, weighted companion cubes, and cake. The release date is apparently Q3 2014, with no description of play provided other than that it's "based on the Puzzler-based video games that deliver a rich, smart, and utterly unique narrative experience"

The other highlights are Walking Dead and Bravest Warriors dice games, which if we can judge by Cryptozoic's previous efforts will have both lots of pretty custom dice and a fast play style that nearly anyone can learn and enjoy. Those are billed for August and June respectively.

Otherwise, Cryptozoic continues to be the absolute master of licensed games, releasing an Assassin's Creed game this month, and billing expansions to their DC Comics and The Hobbit deckbuilders for later in the year.

Source: ICv2 [http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/american-international-toy-fair-games-product-preview-part-2]

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
You mention Archer in the title, and then completely skip over in the article. I am disappoint.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Signa said:
You mention Archer in the title, and then completely skip over in the article. I am disappoint.
Seconding the disappoint in Archer non existentiness. Was the title wrong or the article lacking?

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Thirding this, and thought for a split second that no right answer's video about why archer should be a video game had come true, was exticed as well. :(

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Forthing the disappointment in lack of Archer game news. Guess I'll have to go back to watching this trailer and pretending it's an ad for an Archer Game...

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
WWmelb said:
Signa said:
Seconding the disappoint in Archer non existentiness. Was the title wrong or the article lacking?
The article was a bit lacking, as was one of the links. The original source(ICv2) has the info on the Archer game:

April will see the release of Archer: The Danger Zone! Board Game. Based on the FX animated comedy series (see "'Archer: The Game'"), the game is billed as "a high-stakes game of espionage, international intrigue, and screwing over your co-workers." The goal is to be the first player to get 20 Upper Hand cards, by insulting opponents, doing well on missions, and encountering guest stars and secondary characters from the show.

The box contains 6 oversized location tiles, 8 oversized character cards, 8 character decks (20 cards each), 8 sets of 7 character tokens, 25 event cards, 52 challenge cards, an oversized scoring track tile, an initiative token, a mission leader token, 3 dice and a rulebook. The game is for 2 ? 8 players, ages 15 and up, and plays in 30 ? 45 minutes. MSRP is $40.00.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
More Archer fans in the audience than expected. I hate noted this and will not fail you again.