Xbox One Twitch Streaming Arrives Same Day As Titanfall

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Xbox One Twitch Streaming Arrives Same Day As Titanfall

<youtube=QMq_ajNBTy8>​
Xbox One users will be able to use Twitch to broadcast gameplay on March 11.

The updated Twitch app for Xbox One arrives on March 11, the release date of Titanfall, Twitch announced today. With broadcasting, the app will also have chat, following, and notification functionality.

Some Twitch features, such as stream watching and clip recording have been available since launch for Xbox One, but the updated app for the console will include full broadcasting capability, a feature the PS4 already has. It's no coincidence that the Xbox One will gain broadcasting features in time for Titanfall.

Twitch will work with the Xbox One's Kinect. Users can instantly begin a live broadcast of their game by saying, "Xbox, Broadcast." Broadcasters can also reposition the webcam picture-in-picture in any corner of the screen and invite friends into a private party from the chat stream to voice chat outside of the broadcast. Xbox One's Twitch app will have 10 lines in the chat stream, and viewers can choose their name color and post emoticons. Furthermore, the Xbox One Twitch app will archive broadcasts.

"Over the last two years, we have seen the broadcasting and spectating of video games go from a niche activity to a pastime shared by millions," Twitch founder and CEO Emmett Shear said. "As the experience grows in popularity, it's important to provide as broad a feature set as possible for the community. Microsoft has done just that by rolling out the most robust console integration of Twitch to date and setting a new bar for others to strive for."

We can expect plenty of live broadcasts of Titanfall come March 11. Twitch has exploded into popularity for the shared experience of games, and it's going to keep growing with the Xbox One.

Source: Xbox Wire [http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/02/broadcasting-chat-and-more-cometh-to-xbox-one/]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well that's good, definitely better than the last report I saw about that seeing as the last report said it was "months off" in January. Still, really the Xbox One should have launched with the app since it was touted at E3 and people jumped on Sony for not having Twitch support until Sony worked out a deal and reported it before launch.
Now...how's that external HDD support going Microsoft?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
Well that's good, definitely better than the last report I saw about that seeing as the last report said it was "months off" in January. Still, really the Xbox One should have launched with the app since it was touted at E3 and people jumped on Sony for not having Twitch support until Sony worked out a deal and reported it before launch.
It's really easy to replace the internal one :D warranty voiding, but easy, and if you do it right and just keep the old one they'll never be able to tell you did it.

OT: I forsee mass hysteria as servers are strained and crushed beneath the tumultuous folds of many thousands of obese 13 year olds.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
MinionJoe said:
So XB1 owners should plan on just updating and downloading all day on March 11th?
Yep, this is why I pretty much switched to PC last gen. At least if Steam is updating a game I want to play I can play a non-Steam game for a few minutes or watch a video. Whenever I did want to play a console game, I'd be switching between systems constantly to check if updates and/or installs were done while playing an old game to keep my sanity.
The White Hunter said:
Neronium said:
It's really easy to replace the internal one :D warranty voiding, but easy, and if you do it right and just keep the old one they'll never be able to tell you did it.

OT: I forsee mass hysteria as servers are strained and crushed beneath the tumultuous folds of many thousands of obese 13 year olds.
Let me know where you are getting those official xbox warranty void stickers. If I had those, I'd put in an add on Craigslist to upgrade Xbone HDDs in my town.

As for the servers, I foresee them being strained under everyone's desire to play Titanfall and having to download the update for twitch whether they want it or not. M$ either has plenty of bandwidth planned out for that day or it's just gonna be another SNAFU as everyone tries to play the most anticipated xbone game yet announced.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
The White Hunter said:
Neronium said:
While easy to replace, like you said it voids the warranty which doesn't make it too worth it in the end. Adding external support is something better, and with more games coming out the Xbox One is gonna need it. PS4 has some leeway since you don't void the warranty when changing the HDD (external support would still be nice but oh well) and the Wii U has supported externals since the launch of the system, up to 2 TBs as well. So why is it that the computer super giant seems to not be doing it yet?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Hairless Mammoth said:
Let me know where you are getting those official xbox warranty void stickers. If I had those, I'd put in an add on Craigslist to upgrade Xbone HDDs in my town.

As for the servers, I foresee them being strained under everyone's desire to play Titanfall and having to download the update for twitch whether they want it or not. M$ either has plenty of bandwidth planned out for that day or it's just gonna be another SNAFU as everyone tries to play the most anticipated xbone game yet announced.
The sticker is not legally binding in Europe, it may be in the US as you have very different laws surrounding such things, but in the EU such a sticker being damaged, cut, or outright removed is not warranty voiding, even if it says that it is. Your statuatory rigths supersede it and include a 1 year warranty on consumer electronics from the manufacturer.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
The White Hunter said:
Neronium said:
While easy to replace, like you said it voids the warranty which doesn't make it too worth it in the end. Adding external support is something better, and with more games coming out the Xbox One is gonna need it. PS4 has some leeway since you don't void the warranty when changing the HDD (external support would still be nice but oh well) and the Wii U has supported externals since the launch of the system, up to 2 TBs as well. So why is it that the computer super giant seems to not be doing it yet?
Microsoft makes computers? O_O Man here I thought they made OS's and office software with the occasional disastrous stride into vcarious hardware markets.

The warranty voiding depends where you live, in the US it sure as hell is warranty voiding, in the UK such a thing is not true, unless you actually break the system whilst changing the hard drive out.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
The White Hunter said:
Hairless Mammoth said:

The sticker is not legally binding in Europe, it may be in the US as you have very different laws surrounding such things, but in the EU such a sticker being damaged, cut, or outright removed is not warranty voiding, even if it says that it is. Your statuatory rigths supersede it and include a 1 year warranty on consumer electronics from the manufacturer.
Sounds great for Europe, but, here in the US, unless a state law says otherwise they can basically refuse a warranty repair for any reason(say water damage) even if the sticker was untouched and there were no signs of abuse. It's even worse if you have to ship it since they'll charge you to send your busted item back usually. It's bad business and there's been plenty of lawsuits or threats of lawsuits by consumers that don't like being pushed around so it usually doesn't happen. Hell, 90 days is the usual warranty period for electronics. Still in America, is corporations first and maybe the consumer second.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
The White Hunter said:
A 2 year warranty actually; http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/consumer_topics/buying_goods_services_en.htm

Although there are still companies that will try to make you pay for this second year of "care".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The White Hunter said:
well, twitch already messed up with quality ever since it started supporting PS4. i guess it doesnt want PC to compete with showing better looking games. Sop expexct another quality drop for Xbox.

Oh, and our warranty is 2 years btw.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Strazdas said:
The White Hunter said:
well, twitch already messed up with quality ever since it started supporting PS4. i guess it doesnt want PC to compete with showing better looking games. Sop expexct another quality drop for Xbox.

20 seconds to 2 minute delay in my PC stream because reasons is not acceptable.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The White Hunter said:
Strazdas said:
The White Hunter said:

20 seconds to 2 minute delay in my PC stream because reasons is not acceptable.
Well you can always try different services. When i used Livestream the delay was ~3 seconds based on my friend who was watching it. That was a few years back though so im not sure if they went to shit or not.