Warehouse and Logistics Simulator Gets Zombie DLC

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Warehouse and Logistics Simulator Gets Zombie DLC

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator somehow found a way to get even more thrilling than the core forklift-operating experience.

The "Relatively Mundane Career Simulator" genre has inexplicably taken off, and the latest product of that trend is Warehouse and Logistics Simulator [http://store.steampowered.com/app/273940/] (yes, really). The game tasks players with the operation of a forklift as they complete various exciting tasks like moving heavy boxes. The core gameplay faithfully recreates a good day as a policy-obeying forklift expert, but what about the bad days? What about the days where you show up to the warehouse, sit down in your trusty forklift, and realize that you're surrounded by the living dead?

Luckily for all of us, the developers have you covered. The Hell's Warehouse DLC [http://store.steampowered.com/app/282550/] fills the aisles with ravenous zombies just waiting to be skewered by your heavy machinery. Throw your safety manual out the window, because the undead have infested the local docks and supermarkets and for some reason, you're the only one who can stop them. Crates of produce are replaced with explosives for efficient zombie slaying in these depots of death.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what to make of this - developer app2fun has combined the most over-crowded genre in gaming with what is probably the most obscure genre (with apologies to forklift enthusiasts - both of them). The original game was itself the punchline to a surreal unspoken joke, so I guess you can't blame the devs for getting one more laugh out of it.

If you need more forklift action in your life, its DLC [http://store.steampowered.com/app/273940/] are currently 20% off on Steam.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/282550/]

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
I guess the undead...will get forked.

But yeah, I just saw the Giant Bomb quick look on this thing, and it was absolutely hilarious.

Blaze the Dragon

Jan 8, 2010
Oh my god it finally happened. Admittedly not exactly the way I was hoping, but I've been wishing that one of these stupid boring-job simulator games would randomly use its mechanics to suddenly have the player defend themselves from aliens or something. I personally was hoping for Demolitions Expert simulator to do that, but eh.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Reminds me of that Train Simulator Zombie/Halloween DLC.
It's absolutely silly, of course, but I like that the devs are having fun like that with their games.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
This honestly sounds like an amazing development

I want to see this with the farming simulator: I want to use a combine harvester on zombies!!!!

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
rhizhim said:
so its forklift driver klaus: the game.
<spoiler=NSFW><youtube=-oB6DN5dYWo>

i am suprisingly okay with this.
Curse you, fellow German, for beating me to introducing the world to Staplerfahrer Klaus!!! D:

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well as long as stupid can be sold stupid will be made, so enjoy everyone who has no concept of quality entertainment.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Forklift drive Klaus, who ever said the Germans didn't have a sense of humor? It's just ridiculously gory

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
Mr.K. said:
Well as long as stupid can be sold stupid will be made, so enjoy everyone who has no concept of quality entertainment.
First, if people like to play forklift sims, who are you to question their taste?

Second, these games are a similar case to Twilight: A market so devoid of offerings that people interested will buy anything, no matter how crap it is.

Almost makes me want to develop niche simulators that are half-decent.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
rhizhim said:
so its forklift driver klaus: the game.
<spoiler=NSFW><youtube=-oB6DN5dYWo>

i am suprisingly okay with this.
I like that you've put it as NSFW, especially because we watch this video at work for our forklift training :)

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
So, yeah... I have no idea what to make of this either. Why make a zombie DLC for a game like this? It makes no sense. If you want to kill zombies, you don't buy a forklift simulator, and if you buy a forklift simulator, chances are it's not to kill zombies.

Also, because it has to be used when ever someone utters the word:

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
This is actually my current job. The pop music they play makes me want to go on a murderous rampage constantly. I think I'll try playing the zombie DLC whilst blasting shitty Katy Perry songs and see if I feel better.