Titanfall's 15 Maps Leaked, Complete With Detailed Top-Down Screenshots

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall's 15 Maps Leaked, Complete With Detailed Top-Down Screenshots

Check out the 15 maps Titanfall will ship with.

Reddit user FallenFusion [http://www.reddit.com/user/FallenFusion] has gotten his hands on top-down overviews, as well as a wealth of various screenshots, of all of Titanfall's fifteen launch maps. The top-down views are quite detailed, and the screenshots give additional information on each map's key landmarks.

Check them out below. Be warned that they may contain spoilers, especially for those of you hoping to experience them for the first time in-game:

[gallery=2150]

The maps are:

Airbase - A map centered around an airport, but with a kind of mini-zoo
Angel City - The Tokyo-inspired level we saw in the beta
Boneyard - A desert/graveyard-style level
Colony - A small settlement village of various buildings
Corporate - A giant office building
Demeter - Another desert level with lots of pipes and a train station
Fracture - The other level we saw in the beta
Lagoon - A map centered around a beach resort
Nexus - A very tightly-packed city
Outpost - A military-style outpost complete with turrets
Overlook - A military facility built into the side of a cliff
Relic - Some kind of excavation site
Rise - Appears to be a kind of mine?
Smuggler - A coastal city built on a bay
Training Ground - A kind of 2fort style symmetrical map

It looks like there will be quite a varied range of maps to play on when the game launches on March 11. I'm looking forward to it!

Source: DualShockers [http://www.reddit.com/user/FallenFusion]

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I'm pretty eager to play this game. No one is more shocked about that than I am. I almost never play multiplayer shooters except for an occasional round of Halo. But the beta won me over.

Seems like a good selection of maps.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Can't wait for more news on Aus servers, then I can finally buy the game.

PCPLX

Feb 13, 2014
Forgive me for being an OCD nerd, but I can't help but notice that in the 3rd map image (the one of the airfield), most of the pictures point to the wrong spots on the map. Some marketing intern at Respawn fell asleep on the job! :p

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
While I understand the hype train, it sort of irritates me when people spread leaked stuff. Yeah it helps get people exciting, but it pisses a lot of developers off.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I went into the beta not wanting to play it, but felt obligated because a friend got me a code for some reason...I came out with a preorder, hearing 15 maps is nice but I am still worried about DLC...I hope, at the very least they go the good route about it where if one player has it in your party, you all do.

Citizen Graves

Jul 19, 2011
So even though the developer skipped Singleplayer entirely and focused on Multiplayer they still didn't create more maps than the usual CoD amount (which has always been 16).

Huh......

Well, the quality of each and every single of those Titanfall maps better be f***ing stellar, then.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Citizen Graves said:
So even though the developer skipped Singleplayer entirely and focused on Multiplayer they still didn't create more maps than the usual CoD amount (which has always been 16).

Huh......

Well, the quality of each and every single of those Titanfall maps better be f***ing stellar, then.
From what I've seen, the maps are bigger than COD's and enjoy more attention to detail, you'll be amazed how much resources you can spare if you don't have to optimize the lighting effects on Cpt Price's mustache.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Choo choo, hype train coming through.
I played the beta because I wanted to be able to say I played it and didn't like it.
I preordered yesterday

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
im not going to be playing this game and i still find these maps quite nicely done. Looks like they really tried to make something special with this game, this may be that systemseller microsoft was hoping for.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
"Training Ground - A kind of 2fort style symmetrical map"

Well, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and guess this will float to the top as the "default" map after a short period...

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Strazdas said:
... this may be that systemseller microsoft was hoping for.
It's on the PC and the 360; don't look at this to move Xbones.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
RA92 said:
Strazdas said:
Exactly. Its not on PS4. So its a system seller whicever way you look at it, whether it be Xbones, or PCs running windows, its a win win for microsoft.
Besides, despite how much we would like to, most console users will not move to PC gaming but rather buy another crappy consoles if it comes to must play titanfall.

Edit: yeah i forgot to address the 360 point. They said it runs far worse on 360, likely with unplayable framerates or resolutions, and its support will certainly be phased out quite soon. Add to that that its not eve releasing for 360 till month later, and i doubt many people who get hyped for this game just from the name will be sticking with 360.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Strazdas said:
RA92 said:
Strazdas said:
Exactly. Its not on PS4. So its a system seller whicever way you look at it, whether it be Xbones, or PCs running windows, its a win win for microsoft.
Besides, despite how much we would like to, most console users will not move to PC gaming but rather buy another crappy consoles if it comes to must play titanfall.

Edit: yeah i forgot to address the 360 point. They said it runs far worse on 360, likely with unplayable framerates or resolutions, and its support will certainly be phased out quite soon. Add to that that its not eve releasing for 360 till month later, and i doubt many people who get hyped for this game just from the name will be sticking with 360.
I guess it depends on your perspective. Some might ditch their 360 and get an Xbone just for this; others might wait a bit more than a month for the new console to build up its library.

I doubt PC sales are any plus points for MS unless it's exclusive to their latest OS. They aren't getting any cuts from the sales.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
RA92 said:
I guess it depends on your perspective. Some might ditch their 360 and get an Xbone just for this; others might wait a bit more than a month for the new console to build up its library.

I doubt PC sales are any plus points for MS unless it's exclusive to their latest OS. They aren't getting any cuts from the sales.
Of course there will be people that wait, but majority dont. thats why they got consoles to begin with anyway, they got more money than patience. However i believe that support for 360 wil lbe phased out in a year or two at most if not sooner, so it wont matter much in the grand sceme is titanfall wants to stay alive more than a few months.
Titanfall is a windows exclusive [http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5044050/titanfall-is-an-xbox-windows-exclusive-for-the-life-of-the-title].
Altrough They allowed windows 7 users to play it too [http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Exclusive-Windows-8-Gamers-Rejoice-56840.html], which is the largest PC userbase. Oh, and people still do buy windows 7, a lot of them.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Strazdas said:
Titanfall is a windows exclusive [http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5044050/titanfall-is-an-xbox-windows-exclusive-for-the-life-of-the-title].
Altrough They allowed windows 7 users to play it too [http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Titanfall-Exclusive-Windows-8-Gamers-Rejoice-56840.html], which is the largest PC userbase. Oh, and people still do buy windows 7, a lot of them.
I actually specifically mentioned 'latest-OS exclusive'. MS would very much like people to move on to the Win8 platform (all those people still using Win7 isn't making them any dough). They even made a half-hearted Win8 exclusive Halo game called Spartan Assault to make gamers cave in; but alas, to avail.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
RA92 said:
Strazdas said:
I actually specifically mentioned 'latest-OS exclusive'. MS would very much like people to move on to the Win8 platform (all those people still using Win7 isn't making them any dough). They even made a half-hearted Win8 exclusive Halo game called Spartan Assault to make gamers cave in; but alas, to avail.
U think microsoft sort of gave up on that notion now with thier anouncement of windows 9 only a little bit over a year from now and basically people completely stopped their win8 purchases thinking win9 to win 8 will be like win 7 to vista.

Win8 exclusives in games WILL come. This is because windows 8 is the only OS that supports directX 11c and further. Just like vista cannot support 11, W7 cannot support 11c+ due to how the OS is built as they built the DirectX for the work with win 8 (though, directx generations isnt really a fair representation. there was for example atl east couple hundred of directx 10 variants, all with unique libraries, which is why every game reinstalls your directx on install - its built for that specific generation. most users never know about them and only see the main numbers, 9, 10, 11, 11c, nor do they really need to know about it to play thier games.
Im not sure here, but i would guess that DirectX 11c is taking advantage of the improved win8 kernel (seriuosly, win 8 looks horrible but its very good under the hood, im still a fan of win7 though) which is known to have increased performance of games up to 25%+. Imagine you get to run your game with extra 20 frames per second without changing anything in your PC. And with the talk of directX getting hardware direct acess this difference may improve vastly if developer choose to go that route (sort of like how optimization directly for hardware worked in last gen for consoles), so its very likely we see games that arent technically win8 exclusive, but practically are due to performance difference.
Just like we saw WinXP being phased out pretty much based on the fact that games stopped supporting directX 9. (well ok, Win 7 popularity helped)

Sigh, i think i typed too much again.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Strazdas said:
Win8 exclusives in games WILL come. This is because windows 8 is the only OS that supports directX 11c and further. Just like vista cannot support 11, W7 cannot support 11c+ due to how the OS is built as they built the DirectX for the work with win 8 (though, directx generations isnt really a fair representation. there was for example atl east couple hundred of directx 10 variants, all with unique libraries, which is why every game reinstalls your directx on install - its built for that specific generation. most users never know about them and only see the main numbers, 9, 10, 11, 11c, nor do they really need to know about it to play thier games.
Im not sure here, but i would guess that DirectX 11c is taking advantage of the improved win8 kernel (seriuosly, win 8 looks horrible but its very good under the hood, im still a fan of win7 though) which is known to have increased performance of games up to 25%+. Imagine you get to run your game with extra 20 frames per second without changing anything in your PC. And with the talk of directX getting hardware direct acess this difference may improve vastly if developer choose to go that route (sort of like how optimization directly for hardware worked in last gen for consoles), so its very likely we see games that arent technically win8 exclusive, but practically are due to performance difference.
Just like we saw WinXP being phased out pretty much based on the fact that games stopped supporting directX 9. (well ok, Win 7 popularity helped)

Sigh, i think i typed too much again.
Hmm, I am actually interested in seeing a source of those 25% increase in performance figures. DX11.1 does leverage Win8 over Win7, but as far as I found out, <url=http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/24/battlefield_4_windows_7_vs_81_performance_review/1>it was around 6% when running Nvidia cards and 3% on AMD cards while running BF4.

Even then, you must remember that DX10 features exclusive to Vista never were a game changer (no small thanks to the 360 still being DX9). Shattered Horizon, which made full use of DX10 features, actually bombed because of it's Vista-exclusivity. An incremental API upgrade isn't going to move OS sales figures after alienating such a large part of the user base (I've no trouble believing Win8's kernel performs better; MS actually employs good programmers as evident by their stellar record when t comes to backward compatibility. But that gawdawful tablet interface... Win8 never really recovered from that initial backlash).

Also, doing straight-the-metal coding just sounds silly. You think games are buggy at launch as it is? Bad programming and low level API means frequent system crashes and will make both the developers' and gamers' life hell (there's a reason why Nvidia isn't jumping on AMD's Mantle train). Plus, MS will only roll out that feature with Win9, if they do at all.