Captain America Goes Pirate Hunting in Fight-Packed Winter Soldier Clip

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Captain America Goes Pirate Hunting in Fight-Packed Winter Soldier Clip

[fandango=155540]

A new four minute clip has been released showcasing an action sequence from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier looks in some ways like it could be something of a transition film for the Marvel universe. Previous trailers have arguably hinted at a S.H.I.E.L.D. in turmoil as the organization and the heroes within face down a world of ever-expanding threats. Whatever changes it brings to the table however, a recently released clip from the film seems to indicate that some things, Captain America's ability to toss a killer shield for instance, will stay very much the same.

The clip, which contains about two-and-a-half minutes of previously unseen footage, focuses in on a S.H.I.E.L.D. assault on a cargo ship commandeered by modern day pirates. The ensuing action shows off Cap and Black Widow doing what they do best: pummeling the living the spit out of baddies. All in all, it's a fun, well-made sequence that's hopefully just the tip of an even better iceberg.

What do think? Does The Winter Soldier look like it's shaping up into a worthy successor to other previous Marvel films or is it falling flat in your eyes? Just personally, clips like these along with <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131933-Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Gets-Explosive-New-Trailer>recent trailers have me pretty danged excited for the movie. And I wasn't even a big fan of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3749-Captain-America>The First Avenger either.

Source: <a href=http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/watch-exclusive-captain-america-extended-clip-plus-get-advance-tickets-now-747395.html>Fandango

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I am so looking forward to this movie. Captain America is my favorite Avenger by far because he's just a good guy. Doesn't have an ego problem, isn't some space alien, isn't all dark and gritty. He's just a good guy doing the best he can with the powers he's been given. My only concern is that they're going to 'change' his character in this movie to be more edgy, but I admit that that is probably not going to happen.
And the sound of that shield smacking into people. Love that sound.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh sweet! A possibly Batroc the leaper cameo??

Also he dry up pretty quickly since he had dive into the sea.

Either way, only a month left to go for me to watched it a day after my birthday!

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Video works fine.

By the way, am I the only one who, whenever anyone says anything related to piracy, hears and implied 'Golden Age of' and ends up gravely disappointed? I mean, like, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
I really like the fact that the bad guys speak french. Compared to so many other cliche mercenary types, then ones speaking french honestly feels... new. I like.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
Did anyone else recognize Hayley Atwell's voice in this trailer?

It seems with finally get the scene where he meets old Peggy Carter

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
So, on the heels of Jim's piece..*chuckle*

If you have adblocking, it's why you can't view it.

Other than that, I have to say I"m pretty excited. It looks like it's going to be pretty good.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I understand the rule of cool and all but it bothers me that capt jumped out of a plane with out a parachute. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Is it just me or does Black Widow not look like Black Widow? (As in she doesn't look like the same actress who played Black Widow in The Avengers)

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
The beginning reminds me of the start of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Is Captain America also going to gain super speed and the ability to slow down time to slice enemies into countless pieces with his shield?

Or will Scarlett Johansson turn into the philosophical musing spouting robot dog and spare us of her on screen presence?

I'm a big fan of Chris Evans though and thought he did a great job last time, let's hope for more of that! It's still not my preferred marvel character films (go Thor!), but it beats Iron Man for me. Hopefully this one will seal its place above it.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Ihateregistering1 said:
Wait, am I going nuts or is the head honcho bad guy Georges St. Pierre, the UFC fighter?
It is. It is. We all know what that means...he's going to try executing a single/double leg takedown *on Rogers, and hold him there for 25 mins thinking "top control" will bring him victory. Or, he and Rogers *will duke it out in a technically sound striking match in which Rogers clearly was the victor, but the judges decide that GSP did enough to win. Then GSP will say "I think I'm going to take a break from piracy for a while. I've got a lot going on."

EDIT: * for grammatical errors

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
tdylan said:
Ihateregistering1 said:
Wait, am I going nuts or is the head honcho bad guy Georges St. Pierre, the UFC fighter?
It is. It is. We all know what that means...he's going to try executing a single/double leg takedown and Rogers, and hold him there for 25 mins thinking "top control" will bring him victory. Or, he and Rogers with duke it out in a technically sound striking match in which Rogers clearly was the victor, but the judges decide that GSP did enough to win. Then GSP will say "I think I'm going to take a break from piracy for a while. I've got a lot going on."
Haha, so much hate towards GSP!

But I do agree, Hendricks was the clear winner in that fight.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Looks good, buuuut my attention span doesn't last very long.

Hopefully I'll drum up enough attention to watch it when it comes out. Even though the costume design looks awesome, I still find it ridiculously awesome that a shield is that effective in live-action combat.