Arnold Schwarzenegger Offers Tank Ride for Charity

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Arnold Schwarzenegger Offers Tank Ride for Charity

The winner of an online charity raffle will spend a day crushing things in Arnold Schwarzenegger's M47 Patton tank.

There are moments where I'm fairly certain that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the most entertaining human being on the face of the Earth. Pretty much as far as I can remember I've loved his movies and, even now, the guy has an unrivaled capacity to bring a grin to my face. For instance, take this recent video where he offers to let you ride in his tank. Seriously, go ahead and try not to smile while you watch it. Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to let you ride in his tank.

There is a catch, of course. You'll need to pay a fee and enter <a href=http://www.omaze.com/experiences/arnold-schwarzenegger>a contest being held for charity. The winner of said contest will be gifted with a flight for two to Los Angeles, a hotel room and a day with Mr. Schwarzenegger spent working out, smoking cigars and running things over with his personal M47 Patton tank.

Participants who enter at different tiers will also be able to snag themselves some nifty Arnold-centric goodies. Entering your name into the contest 100 times (at a discounted bulk rate), for instance, will earn you a personalized video of Arnold saying your favorite movie line. As cool as that is, it doesn't even compare to the $20,000 (4,000 entries) tier. The lucky folks that can afford that will net themselves an autographed, limited edition Conan the Barbarian sword.

The contest is currently set to expire on Saturday, March 15th. Once it ends, all proceeds will be donated to <a href=http://www.omaze.com/charities/after-school-all-stars>After-School All-Stars, which was founded in 1992 and is committed to the providing kids with quality after school activities. In other words, it's a cool contest that benefits a worthy cause. And it has a tank. Just in case you missed that part.

Source: <a href=http://www.omaze.com/experiences/arnold-schwarzenegger>Omaze

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Boomstick Approves! I would have signed up if I had the dough so... DOH! In the end after school activities are something that I am led to believe is severely lacking so kudos for the cause.

Aug 1, 2010
StewShearer said:
There are moments where I'm fairly certain that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the most entertaining human being on the face of the Earth. Pretty much as far as I can remember I've loved his movies and, even now, the guy has an unrivaled capacity to bring a grin to my face. For instance, take this recent video where he offers to let you ride in his tank. Seriously, go ahead and try not to smile while you watch it.
I fully agree with everything in this statement.

The guy is just so lovable while simultaneously being bad ass.

I would love to enter with 20 grand just to get the signed Conan sword. That alone would be incredible.

Also the bit with the Zune was priceless.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
That's why I love Arnie! The video was hilarious AND it's for charity?! Can't get any better than that.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I have to admit, this is the most awesome charity promotion I've seen in pretty much forever. :)

I wish him luck with it, I really do. I'm no expert on armor (I know a little, but not a lot) but now I'm going to have to check and see what kind of tank it is (though I'd imagine that's probably on the website).

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
My god that has so many levels of awesome I don't even know where to start. All I can say is I wish I could join.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Twattycake_Fancypant said:
Funny that he put Austrian Bundesheer markings on the tank.
As a rough guess, when Arnie did his national service in the bundesheer he could have served in an M47 unit.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Gotta give credit where it's due. This is probably one of the greatest charity ads in all of history, and if there's any kind of award for this kind of promo online vid, Arnie should at least get a nomination. What a great laugh. ^^

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Epic charity event is epic!

Congrat's Arnie this is the best film you've made in ages!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
albino boo said:
Twattycake_Fancypant said:
Funny that he put Austrian Bundesheer markings on the tank.
As a rough guess, when Arnie did his national service in the bundesheer he could have served in an M47 unit.
I think you're right!

I heard from a friend that he used to sneak out of camp nightly to pump iron at the gym. He ended up going AWOL during basic training and spending a week in military prison for attending - and winning - the Junior Mr. Europe contest.

I love this guy. He's an great entertainer.

Apr 17, 2009
There are moments where I'm fairly certain that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the most entertaining human being on the face of the Earth
I dunno, this is the planet Nicolas Cage lives on (I'm assuming, anyway, but who really knows with that guy).

But then again Cage has never offered to let people ride in a tank, crushing things for charity so...eeeeeyeah I think Arnie's got him beat.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
This is why I love Arnie.

Just so many levels of funny in this video. And it's a good cause.

I'm going to donate something small just cause the video made me laugh.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
What an admirable man; not only has he achieved his life long dream of owning a f*** tank, but he's sharing it with the world! Sort of. Depends on if they run this contest more than once so more than 2 people get to crush things with him. At least we can do it vicariously via video.

If only I had some cash to donate to this. It really is saddening how mediocre (if even present) the after school offerings are for so many in this country. It's good to know there's charity(ies) dedicated to the issue.

Also: Best charity idea ever. Crushing shit with a tank and Schwarzenegger. It'd only be better if you got to shoot its guns too.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Definitely more fun than monster truck rallies, though I'm sure some would disagree. Tanks are just something that will always have a coolness factor, even 20 years after the giant robot has been perfected.

...of course, we could always build Gunhed and COMBINE the two coolness factors.

Anyway, if anyone can make tanking around fun, it would be Schwarzenegger. Now, if only they could find that secret ET cartridge burial ground...